v1.06 wheel ffb

Germany
Germany
mad_doc_1982
Hej.

I think I saw some other posts regarding my problem here, so I thought we should gather information on when and with what combination of wheels and settings it occurs.

I am using the T150 and since 1.06 when the front wheels lose their traction to the course the motors give some pretty hard shocks to the wheel. Even harder then running on curbs.

While that, the steering resistence comes quite loose which is pretty realistic, but those shocks won't fit in. And they ruin the feeling for the car while you'd desperately try to countersteer or whatever one might do depending on the situation.

Seriously: if my actual car behaved like that I'd consider the whole steering heavily broken...

Seriously: if my actual car behaved like that I'd consider the whole steering heavily broken...
And if continuing driving while this behaviour occurs you soon have broken steering in your living room too, it is killing wheels currently..
Just "voting with my feets" until this is fixed, 1.06.1 or 1.07 behind corner.. ;)

I'd stop playing if this were the case, especially with the budget wheels like the T150 that aren't too solidly constructed to begin with.
My T150 has taken it ok. So far.:scared:
I think they are trying to simulate the wheels hopping from loss of traction. I can hear the tire screech in relation to the wheel slamming. It can be rather violent in real life.

I'd stop playing if this were the case, especially with the budget wheels like the T150 that aren't too solidly constructed to begin with.
That's what I did and also with the T300. Just the regular 42km/marathon and then stop. All that rumble and clunking can't be good for the wheel. Maybe over reacting? I used to race at least 10-15 marathons a day in GT Sport....

My T150 has taken it ok. So far.:scared:
I think they are trying to simulate the wheels hopping from loss of traction. I can hear the tire screech in relation to the wheel slamming. It can be rather violent in real life.
Sounds like that's what they're trying to do but, of course, tires don't hop though, they slide. Unless you're riding a farm tractor maybe:sly: Simulating understeer should result in a softening of the FFB torque and make the turning resistance drop a little. Works quite well in Assetto Corsa and they introduced an enhanced understeer checkbox which makes it even more pronounced.

You'd think after 20 years they'd be able to figure this stuff out:odd:. People rightly mocked the Q&A of the Project Cars console release but this kind of stuff is amateur hour when you have the biggest full-time staff and budget(or a very close second in the absence of a definitive source) in the industry. I know it's a beta but that's simply no excuse for something like this to ever slip through to the customer base, even in a beta.

Sounds like that's what they're trying to do but, of course, tires don't hop though, they slide. Unless you're riding a farm tractor maybe:sly: Simulating understeer should result in a softening of the FFB torque and make the turning resistance drop a little. Works quite well in Assetto Corsa and they introduced an enhanced understeer checkbox which makes it even more pronounced.
I might need another run but I recall it going softer to a point then the "hopping" kick in. Letting up on the wheel a little would stop the slamming. I recall vidoes of cars losing control from suspension/traction hop. Might be from oversteer IRL??

Managed to do almost all races today with the G29, noticed that it doesn't happen on FWD cars that much, mostly on AWD and maybe FWD too, haven't driven those much. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it, making it seem like it's not there, I don't know. :P But if I steer too much I do still get it every time, regardless of the car I use.

The FFB is definitely messed up with the update. My G29 is clipping during cornering, lots of violent cracks & pops while turning on otherwise smooth roads.

I think ABS is the cause of this "new feeling" we're experiencing mid-corner while understeering.

I've been trying to create a setup for the Evora on BHGP for the last hour orso, I've been driving with abs on mild almost the entire time until about 30minutes ago. Finally on a balanced setup I turned ABS off and started driving, the setup felt pretty balanced and I started tweaking it some more. Some time went by and I was having fun on track finally doing some laps in that were consistent, 3 laps within 0.5-0.7s and I improved my personzl best at that time. At this point I'm enjoying myself because a) I made a balanced setup myself for the first time in GTS (lol), and b) I felt I would be a lot faster if I'd turn on ABS because I felt I was losing at least half a second per sector because of lock-ups etc.

Next step, exit from track, enter driving options and I turn ABS on default. The first corner I take, this weird understeer feeling suddenly appears... I did not change my setup or exit qualifying mode, yet when driving without ABS I didn't
experience the "new understeer feeling".

I suspect we are feeling the ABS system that's trying to regain the lost grip when having understeer into an apex.

I could be wrong tho... but no clipping/weird understeer on my
Evora when ABS is off on this setup.

I might post the setup in the setup section if anyone is interested.
(I'm horrible at BHGP but managed a 1:48.9 and 3 consecutive laps within 7 tenths of that time without ABS, I suspect someone that's an ace at BHGP might like this setup and will probably be a lot faster than my time).

Last edited:
I have the same issue in my t150 too! I think Assetto got this right & when the front wheels loose traction the wheel becomes loose instead of this crazy shake!

About tyres..
Has anybody tried the intermediate or wet tyres under racing cars? Because those remove the understeer rumble. They feel actually very interesting, smooth and good, to be honest.
By the way, I just noticed they offer us Racing Softs at Blue Moon Bay Speedway. To the test cave!

So I did some research. Results are:

- The problem does not occur to ABS or TC. I have both off while driving the Lancer and it still comes up.

- INDEED racing with other tyres than the RHs makes a difference. I tried the FF Scirocco with intermediates and it feels perfectly fine. even better than anytime before. Even with intermediates at the front axis and RHs at the back the awful sensation is gone.

So my conclusion for the time is that PD is working at the tyre's physics - which I'd appreciate much - but has implemented a bug to the - at the time - substantial RH tyres.

Maybe preparing for some longer races with rain, since we also have pitcrews now. Maybe after E3 when they've shown some nice rain footage we get to try it in the beta? :) I don't know why else they give us this option and have pitcrews sitting in the pits not doing anything.

Hey guys, anybody here know how to make it that you must engage the clutch to change gears? (Cars like the WRX)

Hey guys, anybody here know how to make it that you must engage the clutch to change gears? (Cars like the WRX)

When I want to use my clutch & TH8RS I have to disconnect my wheel first (if my shifter isn't connected yet).

A) disconnect wheel from PS4
B) turn off power for the wheel
C) plug in your gearbox into PS4
D) plug wheel into PS4
E) turn wheel's power back on

This works for me on cars like the Evora,...

So I did some research. Results are:

- The problem does not occur to ABS or TC. I have both off while driving the Lancer and it still comes up.

- INDEED racing with other tyres than the RHs makes a difference. I tried the FF Scirocco with intermediates and it feels perfectly fine. even better than anytime before. Even with intermediates at the front axis and RHs at the back the awful sensation is gone.

So my conclusion for the time is that PD is working at the tyre's physics - which I'd appreciate much - but has implemented a bug to the - at the time - substantial RH tyres.

This clipping is a lot heavier on sport hard tyres for me compared to the RH tyre...

Back