v1.10 Multi Monitor Client Lockup (Fixed in v1.11)

• Thread starter hognhominy
  • 48 comments
United States
Der Drachen
hognhominy
I am having black screen lockup issues with the second hotfix(custom wheel lockup fix)

I am now running v1.10.7254398A on all three PS3s

No other changes from the first hot fix.

When loading a new track the client screens dim when the normally do, the server will load and freeze for a moment, the clients lockup, the server then unfreezes and functions as normal.

No response to the PS button, no XMB menu.

Anyone else having issues with multiple monitors?

I am having the same problem. Side screens act like they are loading and then they freeze with black screens. Have to power off client PS3's by the power button on the console. :confused:

This is not instability. It is just plain broken!

Last edited:
I am wondering if the problem is related to multiplayer not working because I have not been able to get a list of servers all day.

I can report the exac same problem here, I can't play with my triple, I tried with no internet connection result is the same....

I have 15 people at home just to try my simulator....

At this specific moment, I hate you PD.

Last edited:
If you guys go in to Online section of the game, does it show any lobbies? Mine is still blank and has been all day. Which makes me wonder if some sort of network aspect of the game has been screwed up which is effecting online and MM since MM uses the PS3's network to communicate with the clients.

If you guys go in to Online section of the game, does it show any lobbies? Mine is still blank and has been all day. Which makes me wonder if some sort of network aspect of the game has been screwed up which is effecting online and MM since MM uses the PS3's network to communicate with the clients.
MM doesn't use PSN to communicate, everything is done through your local network, (when it's fixed) you can run MM with no internet connection. The empty lobbies are just a different issue.

I believed I was the only one. I just put up my MM last night... Did at least got some hours of gaming before the 🤬 update, ruined it....

MM doesn't use PSN to communicate, everything is done through your local network, (when it's fixed) you can run MM with no internet connection. The empty lobbies are just a different issue.

I understand this. I did not say internet. I said 'network'. If the game is not communicating with the local network correctly, which it has to do to access the internet, then neither MM or online will work.

This certainly could have nothing to do with it. I am just guessing.

I was just asking people with this problem if they get online lobbies or not.

I understand this. I did not say internet. I said 'network'. If the game is not communicating with the local network correctly, which it has to do to access the internet, then neither MM or online will work.

This certainly could have nothing to do with it. I am just guessing.

I was just asking people with this problem if they get online lobbies or not.
I mis understood, I am also having lobby issues

Well online lobbies work for me now and MM does not so so much for my theory. I was hoping it was related as the chance of it getting fixed quickly were higher if it was.

If I Leave the Clients on the XMB.
I'm still able to Start the Server and Enter a track / Race.
Then Start GT6 on the Clients, and Initiate Multi-Monitor, I get a Black screen for about 120 seconds, But they do start and work..
As long as you don't re-start the race.. you're good..

if you Press Circle or PS the Clients before you restart,
then you just have to restart the Clients again, after your server is on the track.

Still Broken for sure,
but at least I can enjoy it for an Entire race this way.

If I Leave the Clients on the XMB.
I'm still able to Start the Server and Enter a track / Race.
Then Start GT6 on the Clients, and Initiate Multi-Monitor, I get a Black screen for about 120 seconds, But they do start and work..
As long as you don't re-start the race.. you're good..

if you Press Circle or PS the Clients before you restart,
then you just have to restart the Clients again, after your server is on the track.

Still Broken for sure,
but at least I can enjoy it for an Entire race this way.

I was doing some testing in a private room when I read this. Since I was already on the track (in practice mode) I decided to turn on the clients and see what happened. Sure enough they fired up and went right to multi-monitor mode without issue. I started a race and they still worked, joined the track in practice mode after that race and they still worked, left the room and created a new one and they still worked. Exited online and started an arcade race, waited about three minutes and they never came on so something is still broken there.

But for those who mainly race online, just wait until you're in the room and on the track to start the clients and everything should work fine. 👍

Last edited:
But for those who mainly race online, just wait until you're in the room and on the track to start the clients and everything should work fine. 👍

But what happens when you are in a lobby and then there is a track change? Won't the clients lock up then?

No problem thanks for the info!

But, when I created the new room it loaded to a different track and worked fine. I know that's not the same as a track change, but I figured if it could survive a new room it could survive anything. Hope they fix it soon, but at least there's a limited fix for now.

But, when I created the new room it loaded to a different track and worked fine. I know that's not the same as a track change, but I figured if it could survive a new room it could survive anything. Hope they fix it soon, but at least there's a limited fix for now.

Good find Brandon! I started a room by myself and waited until the track was loaded before initiating the clients and was able to drive in triple screen. Then I changed the track multiple times and all worked. So thanks so much for the find!

is this work around just for online stuff ?? nothing for single person arcade mode or anything yet ??

Ole
is this work around just for online stuff ?? nothing for single person arcade mode or anything yet ??

I don't play any offline but I've been getting it to work online. Well, mostly. This happened tonight and while I can't say for certain it was related to the multi monitor bug, I'm inclined to think it it. This is a real issue, because I couldn't stop laughing when I was trying to drive seriously. :dunce:

I don't play any offline but I've been getting it to work online. Well, mostly. This happened tonight and while I can't say for certain it was related to the multi monitor bug, I'm inclined to think it it. This is a real issue, because I couldn't stop laughing when I was trying to drive seriously. :dunce:

Was there anytime when you were driving carts that you could see drivers ok or was it always like that?

Was there anytime when you were driving carts that you could see drivers ok or was it always like that?

It's been a few weeks since I've driven a kart, but I don't recall ever seeing this before. And with as hard as I laughed, I think I would have remembered. :lol: I'm positive that before the 1.10 update I could see the drivers on the kart in the side monitors, it's one of my favorite things.

I have been theorizing that this is related to the initial communication at the start of track loading, the addition of new visual parameters (brake calipers, gumballs, etc) is not working properly and the clients are hanging somewhere in transmission of colors, numbers and possibly driver/suits.

Ole

The workaround I post was for Offline / and Online.
It has worked for me for both. But sometimes the Online glitches and the Clients end up frozen.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/v1-10-multi-monitor-client-lockup.314197/#post-9919715

more detail of what I do here:
http://community.us.playstation.com...ate-1-10-Multi-Monitor/m-p/44152596#U44152596

repost:
Today (7-28) when I started GT6 there was a HOT FIX to Download and install.

I thought Woo Wee. they Patched it...
But No, it made it worse...

Now, I can't get to the PS menu at all on the Clients after they Black Screen.
I have to do a Power down of the PS3..

I did manage to find a slight work around. Similar to what I reported before..
Leave the Clients on the XMB screen
Start the Server and enter a Seasonal or other event.
Once your Car is On Track, Pause it.

Now Start GT6 on the Clients, and Initiate Multi Monitor.
The Screens will go black, but eventually the Track will show up..

Now you can unpause and do the event with Multi Monitor.

*** To Re-start or Change Events..

Pause the Current event and Press Circle on the Clients to exit to the Main GT6 screen.

( if you have crossed the finish line, Then Immediately press Circle on Both Clients. Do this before the screens go black. )

now on the server you can re-start or switch to a new event..

Once on Track, pause it..

On the Clients Go to Options, Display, Multi-Monitor, Start, Initiate OK
wait for the Clients to display the Track.

Race and enjoy..

I've been able to do this repeatedly, but if I didn't press Circle in time and the Black Screen shows up.

I have to Power off that client to get it back on.

So Press Circle on the Clients before you get the black screen at the end of an Event..

Looking forward to PD, fixing this..

Back