V8 Ford Falcon at BathurstOpen 

• Thread starter PIP_36
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
PIP_36
Hello all

I am thinking of holding a one off race at the iconic Bathurst track with the Ford Falcon XR8.

Preliminary setting for this race would be:

Practice: Start 20:00hrs (UK Time) 30 Minutes

Qualifying: 15 Minutes

Race: 22 laps

Tyres: Racing hard

Car settings: Stock (599PP / 594 BHP)

Tuning: Allowed

Participants: 16 cars

The above times/settings are just a suggestion at the moment, I am open to changes and will settle on the majority vote.

I would be hosting this on a Saturday or Sunday and would like to know if any of you guys would be interested?

If we can get this going it could develop into a weekly Ford Falcon at Bathurst race if the interest is there...

Regards

PIP_36

Last edited:
i was thinking about running something the same except with the pontiac gto the holden commadore and the other car that looks very similiar, can't remember the car off the top of my head, but putting those 3 against each other would be fun, plus maybe the new nissan gtr the rear wheel drive one.

Hi go6

Sounds good mate, we can have a change about and see what everyone (if any) wants to do. We can have V8's, super touring etc with maybe a 600pp limit?

Raced with you a couple of times on that room of yours, I need a bit more practice to be competitive and I can't do this weekend but count me in if you do it again another time.

Me and the other chap that was on last week were testing tyre wear and fuel usage which would help mix things up a bit considering same make cars.

Hi batousan, add me if you like and you can join in whenever you catch me online...may be on a couple of nights during the week but always at weekends!

Weeknights are usually just me and a friend in a public lobby hosted by myself having a little practice, testing or a short race or two...

If this was held on a Saturday there, I could participate as it will be Sunday 0600 or 0700 here in Brisbane....

i'd love to join but my days off are wednesday thursday so this series is not for me, best luck to everyone who races, drive safe!

go6
i'd love to join but my days off are wednesday thursday so this series is not for me, best luck to everyone who races, drive safe!

Hi mate, I can do this Wednesday if you are free probably from 21:00 onwards...

This is not a series or championship but rather just a 'one off' race that will be repeated when we can get together.

I'm just loving this circuit at the moment and want to have as many good races with as many good racers as I can!

I don't mind what particular settings or cars we decide to run with, but I would like to know if when we can get together whether you guys would prefer a private or public lobby?

If we go private, just add me before hand and this will make it easier to link up, it will also save me from typing out a room number that is longer than the decimal for pi!

Last edited:
About to open a one-make lobby, M3 at Bathurst....and maybe Spa and Silverstone too.

If you fancy it, add me, join me!

Latest Posts

Back