V8 superbikes muah ha ha ha.

United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
FanofGT5
Would be very cool if Honda or somebody made a road legal v8 sportsbike.I'd say around the 1,000cc mark give or take a little capacity.With 32 valves, 4 cams, crossplane crank, EFI, vvti and direct injection.Power should be around 235bhp to 250bhp.Throw out the rule book and change the face of world superbikes.What do you think ?.

Would be very cool if Honda or somebody made a road legal v8 sportsbike.I'd say around the 1,000cc mark give or take a little capacity.With 32 valves, 4 cams, crossplane crank, EFI, vvti and direct injection.Power should be around 235bhp to 250bhp.Throw out the rule book and change the face of world superbikes.What do you think ?.

Sir?

I have a 4 cylinder that's 1000cc on my bike....

250BHP is an UNGODLY amount of power for a bike...

Your cylinders wouldn't be much bigger than your thumb! (Overdramatization)

32 valve bike? xD

4 CAMS? XD

It's possible but it's a waste as half the cylinders can double the horsepower easy.

And do you know how much all that would weigh? Even on a small scale?

Why stop at a V8?

image_29754_largeimagefile.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see the point? bikes aren't like cars, you don't need big engines nor big power to go quickly.

Hell, 99 percent of the human race back off before they hit the limit on most superbikes as they are, having a super heavy bike with just as much power as some superbikes already put out with much smaller engines would be utterly pointless.

We already have 1000CC bikes but what on earth are you talking about?? quad cams? 32 valves?

I don't think you quite understand the concept of power to weight or the motorcycle in general.

I don't see the point? bikes aren't like cars, you don't need big engines nor big power to go quickly.

Hell, 99 percent of the human race back off before they hit the limit on most superbikes as they are, having a super heavy bike with just as much power as some superbikes already put out with much smaller engines would be utterly pointless.

We already have 1000CC bikes but what on earth are you talking about?? quad cams? 32 valves?

I don't think you quite understand the concept of power to weight or the motorcycle in general.

It has a Viper V10. 500+ horsepower in a bike.

It has a Viper V10. 500+ horsepower in a bike.

I wasn't talking about the Dodge/Chrysler thing.

I was talking about the OPs suggestion.

Though I find that Tomahawk just as idiotic and pointless and thank goodness it's not road legal.

V8 sportsbikes have been raced in the past. Most famously by Moto Guzzi:

File:V8_27.jpg

The problem with re-doing it now is that there's little call for a V8 sportsbike, not when twins and fours are so powerful. Anything more than four cylinders is going in a cruiser, nowadays, and by the tone of the first post, that's not what you're looking for.

I present the Morbidelli V8, 850cc, 32-valve twincam water-cooled shaft-drive from 1994. Insanely expensive and never produced in real numbers. This one sits at the museum at Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama.

Morbidelli_V8_at_Barber_Motorsport_Museum.jpg

The Honda NR 750 was effectively a V8, with 32 valves, with adjacent cylinders siamesed so it fit the rulebook as a V4.

Ovalpiston.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard about that motor. Mad thing. Utterly impractical, overly complicated... mad. Wish I could've seen (or heard) it in action...

Back