Premium
United States
San Francisco, CA
Vasco506
Vasc0
Well, this is my review of:
V8 Supercars: Race Driver

The Story
Before I start, this is also known as Pro Race Driver and TOCA in American and Europe, respectively. It got this name in Australia because this is our main series. Now, your name is Ryan McKane and you are trying to win the World Championship, trying to outgrow your bigger brother, where you have been under your shadow. On your way to the World Championship you meet friend and foe, and progress with winning races.

Audio
The sounds are a bit above average, but nothing special, at least to my ear. The revs are average, and just about everything else is a bit above average.

Gameplay
It has been authentically recreated, as you can have sign-ups and trials for different teams, where you will pick which team you go with, on your way to winning the title. There are different levels, which have harder competition as you go further up the ladder. You eventually end up at the World Championship where you face your greatest rival, and if you win, you go on to even better places in the game, and unlock more cars by beating the world’s best. There are many re-created tracks, which are quite realistic, there are 31 of these. Plenty of cars have also been re-created, 42 racing to be exact.

Replay Value
There isn’t much replay value in this game, although you can do time trials to help your times on the tracks.

Graphics
Graphics are a little above average, and certainly no GT3. The damage feature is nice, but when in the pits you can’t replace the bonnet, which is quite annoying, and some of the parts come off a little too easily.

Load times
Load times are average, again nothing special, maybe a little above average.

Special Features
The special features of this game are the licensed cars and tracks, which add some great value to it as you race the tracks that your favourite touring car competitors race on. Good to see the Ford vs Holden rivalry on the track too. ;)

Summary
A good game, but not worthy of buying. Rent it out, and if you like it and have a medium/high end pc, get the PC version. You won’t regret it, and that’s a fact. It can be completed quite easily, and I would like to see a more lengthier version next time.

Pros
-Lots of cars and tracks
-Licensed

Cons
-One of the negatives is that the console version could’ve had more cars on track, but the PC is set to fix this and improve the game even more.

Rating

Story: 8/10
Audio: 8/10
Gameplay: 8/10
Replay Value: 7/10
Graphics: 8/10

78%

Damn you dogde :P. I'll have two more reviews as soon as milefile gets done correcting them so you better watch it!

OA

milefile? Oh, is he your personal spellchecker/editor? He should be getting half the cut then ;) :lol:

They're the poorest of the series - the steering with the Logitech wheel is bizarre - no weight, doesn't straighten up properly, that sort of stuff...

I don't really like the way in which if you turn, it just seems weird...but i think my rating sums up the whole game...(I know i'm a bit late...:embarrassed:)

DODGE the VIPER
Well, this is my review of:
V8 Supercars: Race Driver

The Story
Before I start, this is also known as Pro Race Driver and TOCA in American and Europe, respectively. It got this name in Australia because this is our main series. Now, your name is Ryan McKane and you are trying to win the World Championship, trying to outgrow your bigger brother, where you have been under your shadow. On your way to the World Championship you meet friend and foe, and progress with winning races.

Audio
The sounds are a bit above average, but nothing special, at least to my ear. The revs are average, and just about everything else is a bit above average.

Gameplay
It has been authentically recreated, as you can have sign-ups and trials for different teams, where you will pick which team you go with, on your way to winning the title. There are different levels, which have harder competition as you go further up the ladder. You eventually end up at the World Championship where you face your greatest rival, and if you win, you go on to even better places in the game, and unlock more cars by beating the world’s best. There are many re-created tracks, which are quite realistic, there are 31 of these. Plenty of cars have also been re-created, 42 racing to be exact.

Replay Value
There isn’t much replay value in this game, although you can do time trials to help your times on the tracks.

Graphics
Graphics are a little above average, and certainly no GT3. The damage feature is nice, but when in the pits you can’t replace the bonnet, which is quite annoying, and some of the parts come off a little too easily.

Load times
Load times are average, again nothing special, maybe a little above average.

Special Features
The special features of this game are the licensed cars and tracks, which add some great value to it as you race the tracks that your favourite touring car competitors race on. Good to see the Ford vs Holden rivalry on the track too. ;)

Summary
A good game, but not worthy of buying. Rent it out, and if you like it and have a medium/high end pc, get the PC version. You won’t regret it, and that’s a fact. It can be completed quite easily, and I would like to see a more lengthier version next time.

Pros
-Lots of cars and tracks
-Licensed

Cons
-One of the negatives is that the console version could’ve had more cars on track, but the PC is set to fix this and improve the game even more.

Rating

Story: 8/10
Audio: 8/10
Gameplay: 8/10
Replay Value: 7/10
Graphics: 8/10

78%

Good Review,I would buy the game on this review.
OldFogey.

Pro Race Driver. Worst racing AI PERIOD. End of story, end of post, good night.

Back