• Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowndes lobbed that cone airborne, I'm still looking for a replay of it,

The slow no shpwednit left the ground but, landed upright. He hit it for sure. I thought he was getting a drive thru.

Rusty mentioned Simona getting four different offers for the 1000 next year. How so? She is locked in next year.

Rusty mentioned Simona getting four different offers for the 1000 next year. How so? She is locked in next year.
Contracts nowadays don't mean much unfortunately, especially in Sports. They'll be a way out of her Harvey Norman Supergirls drive, but I dare say PRA won't give her up to easily. That is unless they can find another female driver who is free.

Danica Patrick anyone? I mean, the media has basically turned Renee Gracie into the Australian version of her.

They'll be a way out of her Harvey Norman Supergirls drive, but I dare say PRA won't give her up to easily.
For all we know, PRA want to pair her in any one of the four cars they usually run for the entire Endurance Cup, not just the Bathurst 1000.

Was she even quick???
We didn't see much of her, but I get the impression that she demonstrated consistency in her lap times. If that's the case, then with a bit of polish, she could make for a very good co-driver. That's what the middle teams want to see: someone who can carry the torch like that. They really need someone who can step up because the big teams take the best drivers, and the remaining choices aren't always great.

It was a while back, I may be referring to the very same vague memory, I dont see a second car coming along unless both of these sponsors stay onboard,

EDIT: Was I and a handful of other people amongst other forums to see the #888 car hit the cone on pit lane exit during the race?
It was announced yesterday that he would not be penalised for it.

Meanwhile, Volvo are building an S60 to TC1 regulations to enter the WTCC:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015...ear-wtcc-programme-with-the-s60-polestar-tc1/

Although the project is being run out of Sweden; GRM don't have anything to do with it.
This is good news, I think. I take this as Volvo re-committing themselves to motorsport. You guys might remember a while back Volvo saying they were re-evaluating their motorsport commitments, or something along those lines. I was a tiny bit worried that they would pull out of V8s, but it looks like there's still interest.

... Or if you want to be cynical, they're going to put all their effort into WTCC and ditch their V8 Supercar program. But I'll remain positive.

Was she even quick???

I believe Morris or Crompton said Gracie was matching times with the fast teams before her crash and Simona was 3 seconds off. Not bad for never driven a closed car and the mountain. Then, Lowndes mentioned last night, she was smooth and hitting her marks when he followed her.

All-in or All-out with Nissan depends on a meeting this week. Pretty sure I saw this coming and if NISMO wants to concentrate on the GT-R GT3 program, the V8's will cease to exist.

If, they wish to put an Australian in the AGT. I'd approach a different team with the V6TT. I bet the Kelly Bros said take us all or nothing. Imagine NISMO telling them, we'll support you but, only Caruso and Moffat. Really, it's mainly about global not going all in. Trying to play catch up. The cars were fast on the mountain. Just came down to the drivers I feel. But, like I mentioned before, we just didn't see all the teams that were masking problems. I do hope NISMO stay.

The ad situation was well out of Foxtel's control. Unlike previous races, the commentary team actually built up to a commercial break, and said "Off to a commercial break". I had the feeling that Bathurst would always have ads, due to the size of the event (global, biggest race in the Southern Hemisphere). It's like the Super Bowl in the NFL. That's their biggest event, and as a result there are more ads.

If you thought Bathurst would be ad free, you're kidding yourself.

I still maintain this year's 12HR had the most ads in one race ever. Especially in the last 15mins.

We had no ads here in NZ, I would be annoyed if I had to put up with ads during live sport on a channel I pay for.

I'm sure the Nissans aren't bad cars, they just second rate drivers, all 4 of them are nothing more than mid pack drivers with a good result every now and then.

Except Rick Kelly was the 2006 series champion and Todd won plenty of races for HRT back in the early 2000's. All 4 of them are top class drivers. The only second rate drivers in the field are the "pay drivers" like David Wall who are there because they have money instead of talent.

Except Rick Kelly was the 2006 series champion and Todd won plenty of races for HRT back in the early 2000's.
Drivers typically have a downturn in form as their career progresses. Look at Russell Ingall, who was winning races and titles with Stone Brothers Racing, but gradually slipped down the order. Sure, the Kellys might have some notable achievements to their names, but you're talking about things they did over a decade ago, which they have not been able to replicate and which are no longer representative of their abilities.

Except Rick Kelly was the 2006 series champion and Todd won plenty of races for HRT back in the early 2000's. All 4 of them are top class drivers. The only second rate drivers in the field are the "pay drivers" like David Wall who are there because they have money instead of talent.

I mean second rate drivers in the V8Supercars field. Pretty much all drivers except for the pay drivers are top class drivers.

R Kelly's championship wasn't best championship win, won one race all year and got pretty lucky with Tanders bad luck late in the year, then obviously the controversial PI ordeal. Not saying he's a bad driver, but he'd be lucky to be backing up the top 10 in the V8s currently imo.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how good a driver is they still need the car to be fast to win, if you stick almost any of the current drivers in a Prodrive Falcon they will instantly get better results. Look at Whincup, he has been struggling with pace all year, that doesn't mean he's a second rate driver it means his car has not been good enough. Rick Kelly is easily one of the best drivers in the field and that's why he's in the top 10 in the points despite being in the "underpowered" Nissan.

In a series where qualifying for the entire grid can be less than 1 second it's fairly obvious that they are all quick drivers and the car/set-up is the only thing that separates them.

Well that takes favouritism to a whole new level..
In autocross, if you hit a cone but it stays upright in it's box then you don't get a penalty. I imagine that's similar to how they determined whether to penalize him or not.

I mean second rate drivers in the V8Supercars field. Pretty much all drivers except for the pay drivers are top class drivers.

R Kelly's championship wasn't best championship win, won one race all year and got pretty lucky with Tanders bad luck late in the year, then obviously the controversial PI ordeal. Not saying he's a bad driver, but he'd be lucky to be backing up the top 10 in the V8s currently imo.

Add to that:sI don't see how he is still 10th in the Championship. That means, everyone else are nowhere.

Lowndes lobbed that cone airborne, I'm still looking for a replay of it,

How about a image I stole off Twitter instead?
CRAjHy8WIAE9ob9.jpg

If we're talking about pitlane incident's. I felt like PRA should have been pinged for an unsafe release with Frosty's car where it appeared like he contact with a Nissan? Think it was one of the Nissan's anyway. Doesn't matter, it's a moot point now.

Last edited:
How about a image I stole off Twitter instead?
CRAjHy8WIAE9ob9.jpg

If we're talking about pitlane incident's. I felt like PRA should have been pinged for an unsafe release with Frosty's car where it appeared like he contact with a Nissan? Think it was one of the Nissan's anyway. Doesn't matter, it's a moot point now.

It was reviewed and put down as a clean release with the taller diff ratio and heavy fuel load to blame, had contact been made door to door there would have been a penalty,

Here is an image of the appendix of that section of rules,

Also has the cone rule as well,

Attachments

• FB_20151013_00_14_44_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20151013_00_14_44_Saved_Picture.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 16
I felt like PRA should have been pinged for an unsafe release with Frosty's car where it appeared like he contact with a Nissan? Think it was one of the Nissan's anyway
PRA sent Frosty's car right into the T. Kelly/Buncombe entry. There was slight contact. Throughout the weekend a lot of teams were lucky to get away with a few of the things that happened, whether it was baulking or pit lane infringements.

Yeah, basically. :lol: But I'm pretty sure he's contacted to LDM through until the end of next year?
Actually, with Slade going to BJR, I suspect Percat might return to Walkinshaw.

The problem is that while there is arguably a whole group of drivers who are past their prime, there's nor really anyone in the Dunlop Series who would be a viable replacement (except Waters) - and that's before you start considering drivers like Ash Walsh who had the pedigree to make it in the main series, but have under-performed.

The problem is that while there is arguably a whole group of drivers who are past their prime, there's nor really anyone in the Dunlop Series who would be a viable replacement (except Waters) - and that's before you start considering drivers like Ash Walsh who had the pedigree to make it in the main series, but have under-performed.

With Ash Walsh though, was it really him or more the car, Erebus haven't really done much this season, and I would rate Will as an A+ driver,

the #9 has its share of mishaps during some good performances. Getting spun by Courtney at Taz. Bad strategy. Allternator failure. Wil mentioned they tried some set ups that moved them backwards when they shouldn't have changed a thing.

We're not getting much complaining news from teams like we got in 2013 & 2014. I don't see continuos news about fuel and aero. Whincup can't say anything because, he's a 2014 Vettel.

It was reviewed and put down as a clean release with the taller diff ratio and heavy fuel load to blame, had contact been made door to door there would have been a penalty,

Ah, okay. That's fair enough then. Thanks for explanation. 👍

Actually that's a good theory. Walkinshaw does need a sponsor and Percat does have Coates Hire backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back