Valheim

• Thread starter RYAN
  • 11 comments

Any GTP'ers been playing Valheim? If so what are your opinions of it?

• It's a good game 8/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a Fair game 6/10

• It's an average game 5/10

• It's a below average game 4/10

• It's a Poor game 3/10

• Havn't played yet but I am not intrested in the game at all

• Total voters
Wales
Caerphilly, SW
[-_-]MILO[-_-]
RYAN-31
q97C4yX.png

Surprised there is no thread on this already. It has blown up in popularity this last month and has just sold over 5 Million copies.

I Bought on release and it is quite possibly the best £15 I have ever spent. I have been playing on a multiplayer server with a few friends and a solo world when they are not online and I have really enjoyed both.

For an early access game it is incredible and made by only 5 people, Im sure that number will grow rapidly given the huge success of the game. I cant wait for more content!

Any GTPers been playing? If so please share your Thoughts and Experiences, Base builds, Screenshots, Videos Etc. :cheers:

Welcome to Valheim!

The valkyries have ferried your soul to the tenth norse world as a custodian, where you must adventure to the ends of the realm, from the deepest forest to the highest mountain peak, slaying beasts of myth and legend feared by Odin himself. You will craft powerful weapons, build unyielding castles and sail longships towards the horizon to prove yourself to the Allfather, and certainly die trying!

Explore
bnznns1.jpg

A beautiful, procedurally-generated world awaits you. Venture into deep dark forests, climb snow-peaked mountains and marvel at lush valleys. Take to the seas on a mighty longship, but be wary of sailing too far...

Build
ARkOeuz.jpg

Raise your own viking mead halls, houses, castles, and more with our powerful construction interface. From knarrs to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.

Conquer
LlAsRhD.jpg

Battle the mythical beasts of the tenth world and animal wildlife in punishing dodge & block based combat.

Craft
MzCrVF2.png

Forge increasingly powerful weapons and armour as you advance. Craft food and mead to maintain your health.

Survive
GjtyGFz.png

From the highest mountain peak to the deepest swamp, each environment presents unique challenges and foes.

Cooperate
QVuCKo2.png

Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and as many worlds as you wish to create, because no one wants to continuously die alone.

mr2aql9.jpg

Last edited:
Valheim is a game about exploring a huge fantasy world inspired by Norse mythology and Viking culture. You start your adventure at the relatively peaceful center of Valheim. The further from the center you travel, the more challenging the world becomes. But you will also find more valuable materials that you can use to craft deadlier weapons and sturdier armor. You will also build your own Viking strongholds and outposts all over the world. Eventually, you will build a mighty longship and sail the great oceans in search of exotic lands -- but be wary of sailing too far.

Its vast, rich world allows you to battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage! This brutal exploration and survival game is in early access at Steam, and can be played by 1-10 players at a time.

UZEzmSh.png

General
What is Valheim all about?
Prove your worth to Odin by helping him reclaim the long forgotten lands of Valheim. Survive in Valheim’s hostile environments by gathering resources, building outposts and farms, and slaying the monsters that stand in your way. Work up your courage and strength to take on the nine Forsaken Ones to free Valheim from their grasp.
Is Valheim built for multiplayer only?
No, Valheim can be played either as a singleplayer or a co-op game. But we would of course highly recommend you to play it with a few friends if possible!
Does Valheim have a Sandbox mode?
No, it does not. We have discussed adding it though and might do so in the future, if the demand is there.
The visuals of Valheim look kind of old, what is up with that?
We have chosen a stylized graphical look that blends low-resolution textures and sparse polygonal detail with modern materials, lighting and post effects. The visuals are inspired by the early days of 3D graphics, like the style seen in PS1 titles and old DOS-era 3D games (before hardware acceleration and texture filtering was a thing).
On which platforms will Valheim be released?
Valheim will be released on Windows and Linux via Steam. A Mac-version will be released if there is any significant demand for it. There are no plans to release on other platforms as of the time of writing but we won’t rule out console versions in the future.
Does Valheim support gamepad?
Yes! Valheim fully supports the Microsoft Xbox360 gamepad. It does also support the Xbox One gamepad, due to differing protocols however one or two buttons might have different functionality, but we’re working on it!
Can I customize my in-game ‘stuff’, such as weapons and armor?
Some items can be customized, like choosing paint jobs for almost every shield and pick colours on linen capes.. It is quite possible there will be more possibilities for customizing all sorts of stuff in the future but right now we’re focusing on the mechanics and general contents of the game.
Can I customize the appearance of my viking?
The Player character is fully customizable with the choice of two body types and a number of different hairstyles, beards, and complexions
Will I be able to use mods?
We won’t have official support for mods.
What happened to the Itch.io version of Valheim?
The ancient Itch.io (Alpha) release of Valheim has been removed from the Itch.io site due to it not really reflecting the state of the game any longer. If you are in possession of the Itch.io version you are free to share it as you wish, but we won’t be providing any support for it going forward.
How much will the game cost?
We haven’t decided yet, but we will use the traditional ‘buy once, play forever’ pricing model.
When is Odin satisfied?
The Allfather is overseeing development closely and he gets more and more satisfied each day that passes… Odin has very high standards though and he is still not quite ready to let us release the game. But rest assured the release date is coming, you won’t have to wait until Ragnarök!

l10DR2V.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been watching a fair few videos of this game now and it’s certainly something I’d like playing.

However I have no PC so will have to see if a console version ever comes along.

Is this thread some major commercial tactic? I mean, great that you like a game, but this way it looks like a viral marketing campaign on a forum.....

No thanks. Not my kinda game.

Is this thread some major commercial tactic? I mean, great that you like a game, but this way it looks like a viral marketing campaign on a forum.....

No thanks. Not my kinda game.

What? Just because I put a bit of effort into it? (Which was a bit pointless as GTP'ers dont seem intrested for the most part sadly)

Next time I'll make sure to be lazy and make the thread look bad and unappealing. Just to avoid Catastrophising Cynics :confused:

Last edited:
Hey Ryan,

It wasn’t my intention to come across as a cynic. To me it looked like a commercial post. Gotta say; if this is the result of you just putting in a bit of effort, cudos to you!

Maybe you should be in the viral marketing business ;)

Last edited:
I've seen bits of the game mentioned here and there, but other than it bieng open world and based on norse mythology I can't say I know much about it, but I'm not too interested in online games. I play casually for brief periods so prefer single player experiences rather than online worlds.

Hey Ryan,

It wasn’t my intention to come across as a cynic. To me it looked like a commercial post. Gotta say; if this is the result of you just putting in a bit of effort, cudos to you!

Maybe you should be in the viral marketing business ;)

A lot of the text is copy/paste from the website/Wiki so looking back I guess I can see where you are coming from.:lol:

But yeah, With the game getting so much attention and success I don't really think they need my humble self to advertise on a niche gaming website to be honest.:lol:👍 I was just enjoying the game and considering its been so popular I was surprised there was no thread all ready.

Last edited:
I've seen bits of the game mentioned here and there, but other than it bieng open world and based on norse mythology I can't say I know much about it, but I'm not too interested in online games. I play casually for brief periods so prefer single player experiences rather than online worlds.
Its singleplayer/coop thing. Minecraft with less mine digging and better visuals in Nordic mythology world.

Back