Values for tuning when selling cars

• Thread starter NJ72
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
Cotswolds, UK
doc-shipman
Has anyone managed to work out what impacts the value of 'tuning' when selling a car yet?

I've got some that are in excess of 60k, but also one as low as 50 credits...

Is it just parts fitted? Because it says those get returned to inventory when sold, so wondering if anyone had done any testing yet?

Haven't had a chance yet.

So based on this
1ADE2963-AF5E-49CF-80C9-B7E30F49AC00.jpeg
I am assuming that the tuning valuation includes any GT Auto parts you have installed plus any parts from the tuning shop and when you sell a car you only get the body valuation plus tuning shop parts and not the GT Auto parts

It's parts, tires and modifications from the Tuning Shop that have been bought for that car (whether currently installed or not), except for nitrous (which gives 0 Cr. value), parts and weight reductions won from the roulette wheel that have been allocated to that car (again, whether currently installed or not, and again excluding nitrous), and engine swaps installed (the last adds 30,000 Cr. regardless of the recommended retail price) that are figured into the Tuning Valuation portion of the appraisal.

Nothing from GT Auto, whether installed or not, is included in the appraisal. Purchased wheels are available for every compatible car with a single purchase, paint is available for every car with a single purchase, and Custom Parts, Racing Items and Other Items are available for every copy of the vehicle for which they were purchased with a single purchase.

Edit - It appears parts from the tuning shop only get us 10% of the cost...except for nitrous, which gives 0 Cr. value. I do not know what special parts add.

Last edited:
Whats happend with the setting sites...they are back again when i buy the car again
Tune sheets are related to the very car, not the model.
If you buy a car multiple times, each of them will have its own whole set of tune sheets (starting with only the first default tune sheet).
Also for all of them you need to purchase all parts, the exception ar GT-AUTO modifications to the wheels or body/aero which simply need to be applied again.

Last edited:
I had sold a 22B Subaru with full modifications and parts by my stupidity/ mistake and when I had purchased a duplicate none of those "returned parts" were available, they are not returned and I had to re-purchase all of those parts again.
Please explain to me why those parts head to be bought again, and if they don't tell me how to get them back on a new duplicate car.

Back