Variable Control Differential.

• Thread starter Don Luigi
  • 4 comments
Hello.

Could someone explain to me how to set up the variable control diff (I think that's the name) to make a 4WD car have a biased setup towards the rear (i.e. more power going to the rear wheels). It is found in the 'Other' section under tuning (with weight reduction/rigidity options). When I try to tune the car settings, all I find is one field with a value from 10 to 50. I have tried values 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 and all feel roughly the same (provokes understeer). I have changed suspension settings but it seems that the VCD dominates the general feel or handling of the car in question (Nismo R34 - the red one). Any suggestions (all ASM/TCS off btw 👍 ).

Don Luigi
Hello.

Could someone explain to me how to set up the variable control diff (I think that's the name) to make a 4WD car have a biased setup towards the rear (i.e. more power going to the rear wheels). It is found in the 'Other' section under tuning (with weight reduction/rigidity options). When I try to tune the car settings, all I find is one field with a value from 10 to 50. I have tried values 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 and all feel roughly the same (provokes understeer). I have changed suspension settings but it seems that the VCD dominates the general feel or handling of the car in question (Nismo R34 - the red one). Any suggestions (all ASM/TCS off btw 👍 ).

Try to buy brake balance and increase the rear brake to 8.

And off to the Tuning and settings forum we go....

A value of "50" means 50 percent of the power is going to the front wheels. A value of "10" means 10 percent is going to the fronts. For 4WD cars on asphalt, this seems to always be the way to go. I find that it's crucial in reducing the inherent understeer of 4WD cars.

Are you sure you don't see a difference when you go from 50 to 10?

Back