Variable weather in freeplay

England
Cheshire
Wormgod_
RPM Bibblefish
Has anyone had a race where the weather changes more than once?

I've been using freeplay to level up cars and in my experience races either start dry and end wet or vice versa., that's it.
I'm yet to see a race start dry, turn wet, then dry out again or anything in between.

Not sure if i'm missing something in the advanced options, i don't think i am, but it gets a tad tiresome when it starts raining on lap 3 of a 50 lap race and stays like that till the end.

I haven't ran variable weather yet in free play but how quick is the time of day setup? Maybe that could possibly have something to do with it, I think it goes up to 24x.

I haven't started testing weather possibilities yet, just using it here and there in both private multiplayer and free play. I haven't noticed much of a pattern for anything yet.

The only thing I have really noticed is that the track can be pretty dang wet looking but still not be ready to switch to the wet tires. We did a race last night in a lobby where it was raining lightly at the start, and didn't stop until the second to last lap or something... But the slick was faster, and the people who chose wets burned them up quick. It may have been the "Drizzle" setting, which in FM7 was actually just purely cosmetic and drove just the same and was just as fast as the dry settings.

For thsoe who have run variable weather a lot, even if you only experience one "transition" has it often happened around a similar point in the race? Like has it started raining on lap 2 of one race, but then the next race it doesn't start until the last lap?

The weather system is a bit of a disappointment this time. The 3 weather "slots" in FM7 lobby setup were a bit rigid and kinda predictable, so I was hoping for at the very least some more "slots" to set weather in this time, and maybe some more freedom to set up percentage chances of different outcomes and instead they just took all those options away... Not that the current "variable" option shouldn't be in the game, I just think it shouldn't be the only option for changeable conditions.

Back