Variance in HP but not in car model

  • Thread starter Thread starter crusedog21
  • 10 comments
  • 626 views
Messages
3
Has anyone bought two cars (and they have to same mileage) and applied the same modifications to them and ended up with different horsepowers numbers. I have two Mitsubishi 3000GTs and one has 917hp and the other is in the 8XXs ( I think its 857). I forget the exact number but it's a pretty big difference. Anyone else experience this or know how I got such a difference in hp numbers? I know the change oil trick to add hp and they both have been changed numerous times and the same number of times. I just dont get why theres such a large difference in hp. Thanks for the help.
 
They must have been different 3000GT models. There's the 3000GT SL, 3000GT VR-4, the 3000GT MR, and the 3000GT VR-4 turbo.
 
If there's a difference in the mileage of the cars this could cause a discrepancy in the power outputs. High mileage cars lose power that you can't recover with an oil change.
 
samj_13
They must have been different 3000GT models. There's the 3000GT SL, 3000GT VR-4, the 3000GT MR, and the 3000GT VR-4 turbo.


You mean 3000GT SR
 
It could be that one is in desperate need of an oil change?
 
Maybe one got an oil change after the modifications, and the other one got it before.
If you tune a car be sure to change the Oil after the tuning, not before. Sou you'll get some extra power. (5%?)

Oh sorry, you already know the oil trick.:dunce:
 
<_Spike_>
You mean 3000GT SR

Well, thats what I saw on the NTSC/NA car list on GTP, so I guess that the list needs some updating!

EDIT: Now I'm sure I was right after reading DLR's post.
 
The 1998 3000 GT maxes out at 917 BHP (10 KM Special). The 1996 maxes out at 874 BHP (10 KM Special). The 1995 maxes out at 913 BHP (10 KM Special).
 
Michael88
Maybe one got an oil change after the modifications, and the other one got it before.
If you tune a car be sure to change the Oil after the tuning, not before. Sou you'll get some extra power. (5%?)

Oh sorry, you already know the oil trick.:dunce:

Well I didnt know it mattered if you do it before or after the mods. And yes they are both VR4s same year. I'll try to get a picture of it and post it for you to see. Thanks for the responses guys
 
crusedog21
Well I didnt know it mattered if you do it before or after the mods.
It doesn't. One just most likely has dirty oil or something.
 
Back