Vauxhall Vectra (B) GSi 2.5 V6 1999

Brazil
Brazil
I haven't found any suggestion about this car/version, but this car made only one appearance on Gran Turismo series, on its second game (Opel on PAL (German language only) and NTSC versions, both US (all versions) and JP, and Vauxhall on all other languages of the PAL version).
Does someone here know which brand to put if the car is made by Opel and Vauxhall?
Info and specs

images_vauxhall_vectra_1998_1-1024x768.jpg

Vauxhall-Vectra-Gsi-Msd-25-V6.jpg

EDIT: The suggestion is for the 1999 model.

Last edited:
Does someone here know which brand to put if the car is made by Opel and Vauxhall?
The Vectra B GSi was only ever a Vauxhall - it was developed by MSD for the UK market, same as the Super Touring and ST200 models. Germany got an Opel Vectra i500 with a similar bodykit to the ST, developed by Irmscher and Opel Motorsport, but the 'Opel Vectra GSi' in GT2 is as far as I know a fictional rebrand, like the Vauxhall-badged version of the Tigra ice racer in the same game.

Your first photo is also an early pre-facelift car from 1998, while the second is the 1999-on facelifted model as seen in GT2, with different lights and bumpers. I don't think the GSi was introduced any earlier than 1997, and the V6 option on the base Vectra may not have come in until 1996 either, so 1995 is probably the wrong year.

The Vectra B GSi was only ever a Vauxhall - it was developed by MSD for the UK market, same as the Super Touring and ST200 models. Germany got an Opel Vectra i500 with a similar bodykit to the ST, developed by Irmscher and Opel Motorsport, but the 'Opel Vectra GSi' in GT2 is as far as I know a fictional rebrand, like the Vauxhall-badged version of the Tigra ice racer in the same game.

Your first photo is also an early pre-facelift car from 1998, while the second is the 1999-on facelifted model as seen in GT2, with different lights and bumpers. I don't think the GSi was introduced any earlier than 1997, and the V6 option on the base Vectra may not have come in until 1996 either, so 1995 is probably the wrong year.
Vauxhall-Vectra-Gsi-Msd-25-V6.jpg

I found this picture, but don't know if this is a GSi, but looks like the Vauxhall Vectra GSi from GT2...

Last edited:
Fun facts about Vectra GSi in Gran Turismo 2:

It seems to be facelifted hatchback in stock model (see the bumper vents)

196.jpeg

phase 1 supertouring:
screen-shot-2018-11-26-at-103100.jpg

phase 2
Vectra GSI Refurb Pictures 001.jpeg

but racing modification seems to be phase 1 saloon in phase 2 btcc livery (see those tail lights and rear quarter windows)

maxresdefault.jpeg

phase 1 hatchback
Vectra25V6GSi003.jpeg

phase 2 saloon
800.jpeg

but hell yeah, i want that car in the game so much! imo the hatchback looks sportier, but saloon is the real deal for those livery enthusiasts...

Bonus pic:

John Clelands BTCC machine
9ab6ec06e08d214cd3a914ba58367ef9.jpeg

Back