Vauxhall VX220 Turbo [PREMIUM] 2000

• Thread starter JR98
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
vx_logo_720px.png

Based on the Lotus Elise, the VX220 represents Vauxhall's sole sports-car model. The compact convertible made its debut at the Geneva Motor Show in 1999. Like the Elise, the VX220 is all about light weight, built on an innovative bonded aluminum chassis. Lotus manufactured about 10 percent of the VX220's other components as well.

Even with all this sharing, the two cars possessed distinctively different characters. But more importantly, the Speedster had a completely different look. The styling was performed by General Motors, with many feeling that it looked better than the Lotus. It has a handsome face with a pleasant blend of sharp angles and rounded edges.

Underneath the sheet metal beats a different heart. In the VX220r's case, it was a clean-burning 2.2-liter DOHC inline-4 that produces 145 HP and 149.7 ft-lb of torque. The modest output failed to satisfy many enthusiasts, so in 2003, Opel added a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-4 to the mix. This engine did the trick, with its 197 HP that allowed the VX220 to reach a top speed of 149 mph. This was possible because of the Vauxhall's lean 850-kg curb weight. Outside of the UK, the VX220 was marketed as the Opel Speedster, or as the Daewoo Speedster in Asia.

The NA VX220 first appeared in Gran Turismo 3 while the Turbo made it's first appearance in Gran Turismo 4, while both cars are present as standard cars in Gran Turismo 6.

Specifications:
Body:
2 Door Roadster
Engine: General Motors Z20LET 2.0 DOHC Inline 4
Gearbox: 6 Speed Manual
Power: 197 BHP
Torque: 182 FT-LBS
Drivetrain: Mid Engine Rear Wheel Drive
Aspiration: Turbocharged
Weight: 1005 KG

vx220_turbo_01b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
vauxhall_vx220_turbo__00_by_gt6_garage-d7dqegc.jpg

Big bump because I didn’t want to make a new thread.

Honestly, I would love this car to make a comeback in GT Sport or any future game, actually (NA or Turbo version, doesn’t matter).

A lot of people don’t give it much thought because of the badge but it’s probably one of my favourite cars ever. Obviously it’s more or less an Elise for the most part but I prefer the styling of the VX220 plus it’s quite a quirky thing to have a sporty Vauxhall haha.

(Possibly the Calibra or Nova would be cool to bring back too, I like the latter in metallic purple, and it’d be nice to see older cars in the game to give that classic GT feel not gonna lie!)

Back