vcd

paracefan2002
is it possible to make the vcd on 4wd vehicles to put all the power to the rear tires, not just 10% in the front?

thanks

Not that I have found, every car I've tried the VCD on allows a range of Front 10%: Rear 90% to Front 50% : Rear 50%.

As far as I'm aware thats you lot.

Regards

Scaff

Also, as a side note, I've noticed that certain cars appear to work better without them... Leave the spot blank... Example, Skylines. I always like the feel of them better without the vcd. Once I put one on, no matter what the setting, I find they suffer... At least with any of the ones you can buy at the Nissan location...

Canadian Speed
Also, as a side note, I've noticed that certain cars appear to work better without them... Leave the spot blank... Example, Skylines. I always like the feel of them better without the vcd. Once I put one on, no matter what the setting, I find they suffer... At least with any of the ones you can buy at the Nissan location...

Opps I forgot about putting that bit in, quite right Canadian Speed, the VCD does tend to make Skylines (particularly later models) worse.

Regards

Scaff

ATTESA-ETS is where the rear wheels see 100% drive torque, but when a wheel loses traction it sends some drive power to the opposite wheel that has better traction. This goes from 0:100 to 50:50 front/rear distribution.

And I quote from Wikipedia.
In a standard setup, ATTESA-ETS sends all power to the back wheels, however, on loss of traction, the system can split the differential ratio between 0:100 front/rear and 50:50 front/rear.

What I would like to know, is if GT4 really simulates this or not, I haven't seen anything that says it does, or doesn't.

-Cheezman-
What I would like to know, is if GT4 really simulates this or not, I haven't seen anything that says it does, or doesn't.

I'm pretty sure that it does simulate it because I couldn't reproduce the effects of it by changing the VCD settings.

Does installing a FC LSD effect the ATESSA System then? Or, when installed, does it become more of a mechanical AWD like Subaru's and Audi's?

RXGem
Does installing a FC LSD effect the ATESSA System then? Or, when installed, does it become more of a mechanical AWD like Subaru's and Audi's?

Its very, very difficult to be certain on this one, but in my own opinion fitting an LSD (of any kind) to a later gen Skyline has a major negative impact on the car.

It does seem that the LSD mods replace the simulation of the ATESSA system, hence the reason most people agree that fitting one is a bad idea.

Regards

Scaff

this really annoys me, it says that you can have 0-100 to the back but when you go and fiddle with it, it only says 50 maximum to the back! i get confused :indiff:

That's 50 maximum to the front, 90 maximum to the rear, joseph dobson. The VCD setting number is the percentage of power to the front wheels.

No car I have found can have 100% rear drive, or more than 50% front drive. It's strange that GT4 doesn't allow this.

Anyway, I posted here because we started talking about Skylines and the ATTESA-ETS system (which, in case you're wondering, stands for Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All - Electronic Torque Split)

What this system basically does is monitor the traction of all four wheels every hundredth of a second, as well as their latitudinal and longitudinal acceleration. So, the system knows which direction the car is going in relation to the wheels (left/right forward/reverse), as well as the grip levels on each tyre, so it can calculate how much power to send to each wheel for optimal performance. It ranges from 100% rear to 50% both front and rear.

The reason the VCD and LSD handicap all Skyline GT-Rs in the game is that the settings for these parts lock the torque in any given situation at the setting you chose. Therefore, the ATTESA-ETS cannot take effect. This makes it appear that GT4 does indeed simulate the ATTESA-ETS, but also allows you to effectively turn it off by buying an LSD or VCD.

My two pennies 👍

So, if you want a shorter post, I agree with Scaff ;)

DE

i totally agree with Dark Elite and Scaff, and i never buy a LSD for a AWD-car, because i don't think they need it. a FR or FF can take advantage with a LSD fitted, but no AWD.....

viper

viperpilot
i totally agree with Dark Elite and Scaff, and i never buy a LSD for a AWD-car, because i don't think they need it. a FR or FF can take advantage with a LSD fitted, but no AWD.....
I think this is special for skyline ATTESA, other AWD can benefit from custom LSD. I highly believe car without LSD is not the same as having 5/5/5 LSD. it can be all zero or some predefined value. Non custom LSD is predefined LSD too, which is the same for every car. But I think the highest LSD possible is only available on FC LSD.

Back