VCRC vintage & low power :: Sunday 3pm GMT / 10am US EST

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
VCRC back together in GT6 for some fun vintage & low power racing!

vcrcad1-800x179.jpg

Welcome & Open to: Anyone with a sense of track etiquette & friendly enthusiasm for vintage cars & tuning prohibited racing, who is capable & willing to race clean & fair, in a respectful manner with a sense of good sportsmanship & casual camaraderie.
No one to be turned away for being too slow or too fast.
Participation solely based on interest in driving vintage & low power cars.
You don't have to be old or slow... but you do have to behave mature & friendly!
VCRC, Vintage Car Race Club, having good clean fun racing since June 2011

SCHEDULE:
SEE POST #2 in thread for scheduled races registry

-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Format & Regulations:

races hosted by PSN: wat3rm370n (GTP watermelonpunch)
please add as friend prior to the event start time

Tuning prohibited
only oil change, standard custom rims, painting allowed - no upgrades or added parts

Specific models & tires specified per event
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption - Very Fast
Damage Heavy for races longer than 25 minutes
Damage Light for races shorter than 25 minutes
Grip real
Slipstream real
No aids, except ABS (ABS OPTIONAL, encouraged to be set at 1 or off, your choice)
Boost off
Penalty off (see Rules)
Grid start, fastest first with qualifier for endurance races
Grid start, Reverse Grid Order for following races in multiple race events

Rules:
Drivers will follow the GTP OLR Rules
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/
Please familiarize yourself with these rules prior to the event.
More info on rules & guidelines are specified below to clarify expected track etiquette.
  • You are expected to race clean & fair, and to behave like sporting gentlemen at all times.
  • Dirty driving is absolutely forbidden.
  • What is "clean" or "dirty" driving? : "Driving in an aggressive manner where your intention is to collide or distract the opposition is considered "dirty" driving. Driving in a manner where you have respect for other drivers on the course and avoiding body contact wherever possible is considered "clean" driving." - MSTER232.
  • Post-race penalties may be issued for rule violations, in order to preserve clean racing and fairness - you have been advised.
  • If you cause a contact, you must make contact concessions. ie: no bump-passing! This is NOT a hit-to-pass derby.
  • Failure to make contact concessions will result in a post-race penalty concession. (ie: you will be placed below that racer in the results - or be demoted in finish position otherwise accordingly)
  • The only exceptions to contact concession rule is if the car you hit was already spun out, improperly re-entering the track, or if you hit the ahead car because you were hit from behind.
  • Caution must be exercised when re-entering the track after an off-road excursion caused by any reason.
  • Careless driving, recklessness, & aggressive risky maneuvers may result in post-race penalties, and will certainly result in your fellow racers being ill tempered.
  • Retaliation, "payback", & monkey-see-monkey-do rule flouting will not be tolerated.
  • The in-game penalty system is switched to off to prevent ghosting, with the understanding that friendly mature racers do not need the in-game penalty system to follow track rules & boundaries.
  • Shorting the track is prohibited, must have 2 wheels on the tarmac (or rumble curbing) - this includes "going wide", off-roading in the grass or dirt, or using tarmac outside the parameters of the track, all forbidden. If it happens "accidentally" 2 laps in a row in the same spot, or if there's a gaining of position because of it without a concession made, penalties will be applied.
  • Excessive horn beeping is forbidden. Horns should be used in the manner they are intended only - for civil communication purposes. Using the horn to distract another driver, or to annoy them to give up position is considered "dirty" and absolutely prohibited.
  • Cornering Rights must be respected. Consult the GTP OLR Rules for specifics on cornering rights. For example, you are expected to hold your line through a turn, and allow space for another car who had overlap before the turn in point. If you do not have overlap on an ahead car before the turn in point, you do not have the right to force into their line.
  • ONE blocking maneuver per straight is the maximum allowed. NO weaving to block on straights.
  • Prohibited Maneuvers include (but are not limited to): riding another car through a turn, using another car as a brake, shoving another car off track, dive bombing the inside of corners, nose clipping by diving abruptly in front of another car, rear clipping - with or without pit maneuver, cramming into a space that does not exist to force a pass, punting, inappropriate blocking, wild weaving, brake-checking, slamming, ramming, parking inside the track boundaries or near traffic during a race, diving wildly back onto the track into traffic after an off-road excursion, & driving backwards.
  • Turn #1 Incidents: Harsher post-race penalties are imposed for violations occurring on Turn #1 of any race. Patience should be the top priority at Turn #1 of any race. (It should be noted and accepted as a fact you must suffer, that "Turn 1 Drama" is a particular pet peeve of the race director.)
  • All rules & general track etiquette, are to be exercised during any Qualifying Period. Drivers are expected to spread out. Courtesy should be exercised when you finish your timed laps, to allow others to finish theirs unimpeded and without distraction.
  • Bump drafting is widely accepted on ovals, and is sometimes used on straights. However, drivers should exercise caution and thoughtful judgement before employing this in technique in regular race tracks.
  • Text chat during races is to be restrained so as not to distract drivers still racing.
  • Being mean & nasty in chat is not allowed! And just really stupid, so don't do anything like that. If you feel hostile, keep your trap shut until you think to say something in a reasonable manner.
  • In case of any incident involving a crash or rule violation, please review the replay before drawing conclusions. Note the time and location of the incident.
  • You may report the incident privately via the forum, with details, in a timely manner (ie: soon after the race), if warranted, so the incident can be reviewed.
  • Any overtly dirty driving should be reported immediately after the race where it happens, so the driver may be educated, warned, reprimanded, and/or receive penalties, for the preservation of enjoyment for all participants.
If you merely messed up, and didn't realize it, the best way to avoid poor interactions with fellow drivers, is to accept the penalty, apologize, & chalk it up to experience & then move on.
Most people are not too upset about some bumps, a goof up here or there, or even an occasional spectacular race incident, so long as it's not on purpose, not often, and as long as fairness prevails in the posted post race results.
Friends forgive race incidents & accept penalties.
Let's be friends here peeps!

Race Director: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Race Stewards: YOU! & your fellow racers
All racers are expected to be stewards!
Save replays in case you are called upon to review an incident!

See more Toyota Sports 800 race photomodes by @WiiFreak here

Last edited:
SCHEDULE:

SUNDAY (16 March)
11:00 AM US EST / 03:00 PM GMT

'78 Trans Am Screaming Chicken (on Comfort Soft tires) at Laguna Seca

HOST add:
PSN: BrandonW77

List of Regulars:

1. watermelonpunch (wat3rm370n)
  2. WiiFreak (WiiFreak)
  3. MC-Chase (MC-Chase)
  4. BrandonW77 (BrandonW77)
  5. Johnnypenso (Johnnypenso)
  6. ZZPhantom* (ZZPhantom)
  7. Nish (GTP_NishRacer)
  8. AudiMan2011 (Street-King-07)
  9. kcheeb (kcheeb)
  10. John Wells (johnwells69)
  11. MSTER232 (MSTER232)
  12. GTsail290 (gtsail9)
  13. Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat)
  14. Naptown25rs (Naptown25rs)
  15. jackargent (jackargent)
  16. moeom (BigMoMo101)
  17. CC570 (cc570)
  18. daddyo845 (daddy-o845)
  19. KingKlingeling (KingKlingeling)
  20. Kavey (AsamKV)
  21. amarynceos (amarynceos)
  22. Phouchg (xNikodemusx)
  23. Naptown25rs (Naptown25rs)
  24. LongbowX (LongbowX)
  25. bongoplyr (eventhorizon23)
  26. dmihaylov (mitaches)
  27. Dagger311 (Dagger311)
  28. Handlebar (HandlebarMustash)
  29. nomos gamma (nomos_gamma)
  30. ABP (A-B-P)
  31. jsjakesaid (Jake_Said)
  32. mister2cc (mister2cc)
  33. cbcvabch (cbcvabch)
  34. SpeedyMcQueen (SpeedyMcQueen)

Last edited:
Results of Previous Events

Sunday 19 January 2014
Limbo Stick Cup
Congratulations to @Phouchg
Results
Photomodes

Sunday 12 January 2014
Renault R8 Gordini '66 @ Grand Valley Speedway, 1 hour endurance
Congratulations to @KingKlingeling
Results
Photomodes

Sunday 29 December 2013
Toyota 2000GT '67 @ Silverstone Grand Prix, 1 hour endurance
Congratulations to @Johnnypenso
Results

Sunday 22 December 2013
Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60 @ Apricot Hill, 1 hour endurance
Congratulations to @MSTER232
Results
Photomodes
More Photomodes

Sunday 15 December 2013
Abarth 500 '09 @ Bathurst, 1 hour endurance
Congratulations to @WiiFreak
Results
Photomodes

Last edited:
I'm interested - have moved West since we last raced, but if the timings work out and I get my wheel set up (I'm grinding through on the controller :yuck:) I'd love to join in again.

Whoo-hoo! :)

Has anyone else driven the Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster yet?
I've used it in career mode for a few races.
FYI: it's a prize car you can win from doing 3-6 in the Goodwood events (in the menu that's at right with the Lunar missions).
It has a pretty interesting bob & wallow, but a surprisingly light feel to it relatively.

Has anyone else driven the Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster yet?

Yes, I used the Ghia for the Classic Sportscar Series (a National B Series). It does quite well against the other classics. I ran against a Mercedes 300 SL Coupe and a Dino 246 GT '71, and was careful not to scratch anyone's paint.:D

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Sup wm! I about had a cow when I bought the 1952 Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone 3.5mill :crazy:
I'm working on the free ones you mentioned at Goodwood.

Did your G25 die?
No, but it is part of a pc based rig and is no longer in the same room as the ps3.
Also I modded the brake and replaced the shifter with a thrustmaster so it won't all
work together on the ps3 anymore.

Hey watermelon,

I'm interested 👍 But I can't race early during the week.

The Sunday morning time slot would work for me though. Will keep an eye out.

Abarth 500 untuned
room up
1472 6399 8966 5883 7864

I'm thinking maybe Sunday &/or Tuesday (or something) we can do a heavy damage mini-endurance on one of the new tracks (like Bathurst).
Seems like a fun way to get some low difficulty seat time in on a new track with a pretty cheap car option. :)

So I'm testing for time & tire wear etc.
All welcome w/ Abarth 500. 👍

that was my first time on line in GT6

it was fun

let's do it again soon
So way to go jack! You won your very first gt6 online race!?

They do say, start as you mean to go on! :)

Up til today, I was simply chasing your blue line around in time trials & license tests. Good to see you actually on the track. (Even if it did distract me in that 1st turn at Bathurst. :guilty:)

discoed when I was in first place, o brother.
See you all later.
👎 That's so not right when that happens.

I think bb6 got disco'd a couple times yesterday. He seemed stable today though.

I don't know if anyone's noticed anything with settings being better or worse... ?
Like that race quality setting... I'm still not clear on what that means.:confused:
I had race quality set to "very high" because that's what was "recommended".

Back