Vector Files end up color-less

SportCoaster

(Banned)
Netherlands
Netherlands
I have successfully made some sprite rips transparent PNGs thanks to GIMP, however once I converted the PNG files into Vector files with an online website then uploaded the Files to the official GT Sport site, the image loses its color, detail and curves rather than staying completely blocky.

What can I do to keep the Vector files as they were in PNG format, color, sharpness and all? I saw various color pixel icons that looked perfect.

I might be wrong but I don't think you can convert complex png > svg just like that, with good results.
I didn't try to use online converter but I guess it's just like autotracing. You can only have good results with high resolution png and more important, simple shapes and one color only.

Maybe upload the svg created just to see what it looks like.

It should be more than obvious.

Attachments

• Tremi 1.svg
    1.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Tremi 1.png
    Tremi 1.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 12
Ok the original is way too small, which is why the tracing is so bad. You'll never get results you'll be happy with if you don't use better quality images.
And you don't have colors because the online converter traced only one shape.

The original image being too small was kind of intentional. However, I guess I could double the size of it, maybe even quadruple it. Would that help out with the colors, too?

If you can get the icon type image in this kind of quality...
D70suZMVUAA4VfO.png

This online convertor works well with above type. It keeps the square pixel image quality. May need to remove background in another program like Inkscape. It could not convert your above png file as the quality is too low.
Probably would also require file size reduction with SVGOMG.

Probably not with the online converter. But why make it smaller?
Because I heard that Resolution didn't really matter.

I've already removed the background for all the PNG images. I'm going to try and convert them again after quadrupling their size... or making them 6X times their size.

EDIT: Quadrupled the size of all my PNG images, converted one to SVG, tried uploading it, only to see no preview at all, as if the conversion failed.

Last edited:
Because I heard that Resolution didn't really matter.
You misread my post. Resolution of the svg does not matter. The bitmap has to be as large and clear as possible, but you never asked that.

The bitmap? Not sure what exactly you mean, but I've now increased the size of one PNG to what is basically 8X the original now. I'll try it again and see if that works.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't work. The image still doesn't appear with a preview on the site.

Need a crisp picture more like this. Assuming you want the pixel effect.
test2.png

Then you can create an svg..like the one below.

Attachments

• pixel girl.svg
    3.8 KB · Views: 10
A crisp picture? If I can't just increase the resolution and zoom in while preserving the very sharp & blocky look, what else can I do?

A crisp picture? If I can't just increase the resolution and zoom in while preserving the very sharp & blocky look, what else can I do?

Redraw it by hand? I mean, it seems like it'd take maybe 15 minutes at the most if you really fluffed around while you were doing it.

Not sure how that would work. I mean, I thought making the image bigger would do, and that it being so small to begin with wouldn't make the bigger image blurry in the slightest.

Back