Vector Question

• Thread starter Lemke
  • 23 comments
Lemke144
Has anyone driven any of the Vectors? I know they are fast in a straight line but how do they handle? I guess a better question would be, should I bother buying one or should I save my credits.

Thanks

And if there is a thread about this already, please post a link to it.

Hey I used to live in Portland up on Killingsworth Ave! Now I live on the east coast.

It's been over a year since I drove a Vector but I can tell you a few things. The M12 is very fast, of course, but it's also very heavy. You can take it down to 3,200 pounds and that's all. But it is very stable, especially when you get above 100 mph. It's not always easy to drive, but I'd say it's worth a spin...you can tackle alot of races in the M12, but the most advanced races will require the LM car, which is lighter and has modifyable downforce.

Last edited:
I got the M12 and I must say I am pleasently surprised. Sounds a little wierd though.

Another question for ya guys. How is the Shelby Daytona Coupe? Is it worth the million or should I bother.

I got the M12 and I must say I am pleasently surprised. Sounds a little wierd though.

Another question for ya guys. How is the Shelby Daytona Coupe? Is it worth the million or should I bother.

Which Vector? the M12 LM series or the regular M12?

The Shelby Daytona is worth the 1,000,000 if you're really into GT2. Again, it is a fast one, but it has some handling quirks...mostly the back likes to get squirrely. It's a "tuner's project car" which means if you know how to tame it (thru tuning & driving), it's worth the money. If you don't wanna learn this car, I'd say move on...it's not exactly driver-friendly unless you've got some experience.

Last edited:
Which Vector? the M12 LM series or the regular M12?

The Shelby Daytona is worth the 1,000,000 if you're really into GT2. Again, it is a fast one, but it has some handling quirks...mostly the back likes to get squirrely. It's a "tuner's project car" which means if you know how to tame it (thru tuning & driving), it's worth the money. If you don't wanna learn this car, i'd say move on...it's not exactly driver-friendly unless you've got some experience.
The "regular" M12, if you can call this car regular. And I would love to race around in the Daytona Coupe. If it needs a little work to get it right, then I am all for it. Thanks

Hey i used to live in Portland up on Killingsworth Ave! Now i live on the east coast.

It's been over a year since i drove a Vector but i can tell you a few things. The M12 is very fast, of course, but it's also very heavy. You can take it down to 3,200 pounds and that's all. But it is very stable, especially when you get above 100 mph. It's not always easy to drive, but i'd say it's worth a spin...you can tackle alot of races in the M12, but the most advanced races will require the LM car, which is lighter and has modifyable downforce.

You really like the LM better? I could never get the LM to turn right for me. It was one of the most skittish cars I had ever raced, even more so than the Speed 12. But yeah, to Lemke, Parnelli's right, the M12 is a very good car. However, if you're going to buy a Vector, I would recommend a Wiegert Twin Turbo, it is far faster, and is heavy enough to not even need much downforce. (Which you can't get anyways) It takes a little bit more practice to master, but it is definitely worth it. As you can easily earn all of the money back in just a few races.

You really like the LM better? I could never get the LM to turn right for me. It was one of the most skittish cars I had ever raced, even more so than the Speed 12. But yeah, to Lemke, Parnelli's right, the M12 is a very good car. However, if you're going to buy a Vector, I would recommend a Wiegert Twin Turbo, it is far faster, and is heavy enough to not even need much downforce. (Which you can't get anyways) It takes a little bit more practice to master, but it is definitely worth it. As you can easily earn all of the money back in just a few races.
I bought the Twin Turbo just a few minutes ago. I love it.

I didn't say I liked the LM better, I merely said that it can go "all the way". World Cup, GT500, GT All Stars; I might be wrong but I don't think it's possible to win these 3 in a regular Vector LM, it's just too heavy. And after all this time, I still haven't raced a W8 Twin Turbo! It's on my list, though.

Lemke have you decided on the Cobra?

Last edited:
The W8 twin turbo is a very competitive car, but as long as you're using
the stock transmission, you might lose the race to the GT all-stars. The only thing that car needs in my opinion is the racing transmission.

The W8 twin turbo is a very competitive car, but as long as you're using
the stock transmission, you might lose the race to the GT all-stars. The only thing that car needs in my opinion is the racing transmission.

Yeah, the 2 non-LM Vectors have pretty tall trannies.

I didn't say i liked the LM better, i merely said that it can go "all the way". World Cup, GT500, GT All Stars; I might be wrong but i don't think it's possible to win these 3 in a regular Vector LM, it's just too heavy. And after all this time, i still haven't raced a W8 Twin Turbo! It's on my list, though.

Lemke have you decided on the Cobra?
I havent bought the Cobra yet. I cant afford. I've been to busy buying Vectors. :D

I havent bought the Cobra yet. I cant afford. I've been to busy buying Vectors. :D

Yup. I know the feeling! If you ever win the Ford GT90 in the Seattle enduro, let us know what you thought of it. Now that is a tricky car. You win the GT90 or some rally car randomly, by the way, in that enduro.

Yup. I know the feeling! If you ever win the Ford GT90 in the Seattle enduro, let us know what you thought of it. Now that is a tricky car. You win the GT90 or some rally car randomly, by the way, in that enduro.
I remember driving the GT90 in TOCA 2. I hated it. But I'll give this one a try. I may drive it a little, but chances are I will just sell it.

I remember driving the GT90 in TOCA 2. I hated it. But I'll give this one a try. I may drive it a little, but chances are I will just sell it.

Don't worry, people ususally hate it! Same thing goes with the Chrysler Phaeton...at least the GT90 is competitive...the Chrysler has loads of power but handles like a rowboat!

I like the GT90 alot:), but you are right about the Phaeton.
Also you may not be able to put racing mods on the W8 Twin Turbo
but it has a downforce of 52 front and 85 rear which is as much
as some racing mods anyways.

I like the GT90 alot:), but you are right about the Phaeton.
Also you may not be able to put racing mods on the W8 Twin Turbo
but it has a downforce of 52 front and 85 rear which is as much
as some racing mods anyways.

Wow, that's a lot of downforce. Well like I said, I have never driven the W8 but that's not so far off my list.

Last edited:
You should give it a try, it can get upto 754HP if I remember and down
to about 2800lbs. One thing that needs to be changed and has already
been said is the gearbox. Because the three speed is cool but is useless.

You should give it a try, it can get upto 754HP if I remember and down
to about 2800lbs. One thing that needs to be changed and has already
been said is the gearbox. Because the three speed is cool but is useless.

754 horses? wow, so you can take it all the way to the top, eh? World Cup and all that? I know it can be done with a GT90 cuz I tried it a few months back.

Last edited:
Ok I looked today and it max's out at 758HP and gets down to 3040lb's.
And with a downforce of 52/85 it does good in most race's.

Well I finally got the Cobra Daytona racecar and I must say I love it. It looks amazing, it quicker then I thought, sure the handling could use some work but thats fine.

It's fun, aint it? I bet you can do lots of races in that one because it's so light. A few months ago, me, Angel, and Sucahyo did a comparison at Rome Nite tuning Shelby Cobra Daytonas and "driving" each other's cars ...I forget if its in the tuning section or if it's in the regular GT2 forum.

Last edited:
Back