Vegas Drag Strip

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Cobra
  • 26 comments
  • 4,060 views
Messages
135
United Kingdom
Nottingham/UK
Messages
GTP_Cobra
Can anyone remember the 10 second Vegas drag strip on GT4?, oh wait looking who i'm asking...lol

Well i personally miss it i used to love testing my cars out on there to see what times it could out-put in 1/4 mile, also would be great for pink slip races online, simple testing or quick drag race for fun. :sly:

Whats everyone elses view on this, would you like to see it back or not?
 
Last edited:
yeah i wouldnt mind having it back
but there are much more important issues
 
The drag strip being 10 seconds really depends on the car. Doesn't it?
 
yeah i wouldnt mind having it back
but there are much more important issues

Man, for once I'd like to see a topic where people can just talk about the stuff they'd like to see in the game without claiming there to be some massively problematic issue overhanging the PD offices that prevent them from adding anything that might be considered fun.
 
The drag strip being 10 seconds really depends on the car. Doesn't it?

lol i'll give you that one, i suppose a 2CV aint going to do it in 10 seconds :dunce:
 
TsukubaCircuit1.jpg

Just use the straight and guessimate the time. The straight is just a little more than 1/4 miles. Thats what I do during online drags. I don't like going on the highway because you don't know where to stop at a 1/4 mile.
 
It would be great if they brought that track back, my roommate and I use built multiple 9 almost 8 sec cars on nitrous specifically for that track.
 
TsukubaCircuit1.jpg

Just use the straight and guessimate the time. The straight is just a little more than 1/4 miles. Thats what I do during online drags. I don't like going on the highway because you don't know where to stop at a 1/4 mile.

Not a bad replacement i guess...me and friends also do this on some different tracks to see who has the fastest cars and who beat who of the line, but would be much simple to have a drag strip in the game (i'm sure if wouldnt take much doing?)
 
Im not sure "guessing" the time for a straight that is "not quite 1/4" miles is quite the same thing..
 
Pretty sure I remember seeing screen shots of such a rd when the prologue came out. Maybe they ditched it it for some reason
 
I remember the drag strip... loved it, had a wrx in the 8.5 sec mark on GT4.

There was a massive oval track as well that, if I remember correctly would messure 400m, and 1000m times as well. Def a great part of GT4 that I do miss in GT5.
 
I miss the drag strip and the oval too they were great for testing cars on. Its a pity that now GT is online, that so much of what people wanted to do online was left out.

I remember a thread (may not have been this forum) where people couldnt wait for GT5 online and they assumed it would have drag racing since it was in GT4. People were practiacaly wetting themselves over the idea of building their own drag monster and tuning it just right to race online. I know people do it on different straights on the game but its all a bit vague without a proper clock.
 
There was a drag strip in GT4??? How the hell can I have missed that??:dunce:
 
Gran Turismo it's a game about cars .... and we MUST have back the possibility to test every part/side of a car ....
Acceleration and speed .... too

I-R
(see my signature..)
 
There was a drag strip in GT4??? How the hell can I have missed that??:dunce:

Man you are slippin'... lol... I don't remember exactly where you can find the Drag strip at but I'm pretty sure someone will chime-in about this.
 
Man, for once I'd like to see a topic where people can just talk about the stuff they'd like to see in the game without claiming there to be some massively problematic issue overhanging the PD offices that prevent them from adding anything that might be considered fun.

And also there shouldn´be a problem to at this topic to the "things i´d like to see in GT5"-thread, isn´t it?

Very useless to start a new topic for this one.
 
Man you are slippin'... lol... I don't remember exactly where you can find the Drag strip at but I'm pretty sure someone will chime-in about this.

Wait a minute. Was it that 400 m drill you could do on the test track people are referring to?? Cause that I remember
 
What they really need is a better track editor.

Think Forge:

Create your track, then just add around it and share it.



And build the tracks rollercoaster tycoon style.
 
We need a tree! Drags are only cool if you add the launch factor.
 
Nope the Vegas strip it's in the testing along with the test course
 
I once run on it in the patent motorwagen, i think i needed a lot of time so much that infact i didnt finish it at all but quitted lol
 
Don't mind in having it back again but there are some other things to do...on that i didn't finish it any time!!!
 
I really miss that track. I would like to test out some cars against eachother and save ghosts to race against with other cars without having to find a second player to race along with me. I found a way to do it in gt5p by just turning around at the end of the fuji spdwy and launching at 1:00.000 and back again at the 2:00.000 marks. then just finishing the lap slow and steady so that I could save the ghost and use it later to race against in another car. I tried doing that with gt5 but if you come to a complete stop in the middle of the lap to turn around it (for some reason, and I dont konw why) invalidates that lap so you cant save the ghost. how lame is that?
 
I was looking forward to seeing the vegas drag strip in better graphics.

I was disapointed.

Yup yup
 
I think that for it to be added PD knew it needed to be usable in multiplayer, but the original Vegas strip was only one track i'm fairly sure which wouldn't go down too well but atleast we'd know how fast our cars are.
 
Some say that top gear test track strip can be used...

... and all we know is, he's called The Stig! :dopey:
 
Back