• Thread starter Liquid
  • 9 comments

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
There's differences between the Japanese and International releases, like music and so on. Two different Honda CR-Xs were removed from international versions too.

I've noticed some other differences however, between the NTSC and PAL version. There's subtle and irrelevant differences like the removal of 'Acura' banner in the PAL's Honda dealership; the 'My car' icon in NTSC is a side profile of a generic car in the PAL version. But, importantly, I've heard tale of a Dodge Viper GTS-R, which I have never raced or seen in my PAL (UK) version. I've got a collage image of most of the cars in the game with racing modifications plus the LM Specials, and the Viper GTS-R is there, in white, with blue stripes. Also, there's a race modified TRD 3000 and a different Supra too; it's black with red decals.

Can anyone assist me on this, or is it just my imagination? Post any other discrepancies if you know of any. (MX-5 RS '98 and C2 Corvette for example)

There's differences between the Japanese and International releases, like music and so on. Two different Honda CR-Xs were removed from international versions too.

I've noticed some other differences however, between the NTSC and PAL version. There's subtle and irrelevant differences like the removal of 'Acura' banner in the PAL's Honda dealership; the 'My car' icon in NTSC is a side profile of a generic car in the PAL version. But, importantly, I've heard tale of a Dodge Viper GTS-R, which I have never raced or seen in my PAL (UK) version. I've got a collage image of most of the cars in the game with racing modifications plus the LM Specials, and the Viper GTS-R is there, in white, with blue stripes. Also, there's a race modified TRD 3000 and a different Supra too; it's black with red decals.

Can anyone assist me on this, or is it just my imagination? Post any other discrepancies if you know of any. (MX-5 RS '98 and C2 Corvette for example)

I got my gamesave from official PS1 demo and I have made it better!
You need ePSXe 1.70 not sure if it works on older version pallie
I have PAL savestate for you just PM me your email and that goes for anyone else who wants it !

I have the TRD 3000 normal but you can tune it to whatever you want
I have the Viper GTS-R

180002_1795346893492_1534307085_31837824_1317681_n.jpg

166669_1795347773514_1534307085_31837827_6683309_n.jpg

167142_1795349373554_1534307085_31837834_295214_n.jpg

BTW if there is anyone who has the Corvette 67 in Gran Turismo mode for the PAL version of Gran Turismo 1 please send me your savegame or savestate

Last edited:
Thought I might as well post it.

There's a NISMO GT-R LM and a Castrol Supra that are both black and red. I was not aware of those cars, I have to say. Or maybe I just haven't unlocked them. (They're middle right)

GranTurismo.jpg

And that Viper GTS-R... man, it's not fair!

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the NSX special model named different, and in a different color (orange one is black) in NTSC-Japanese Version?

Well I can guarentee you the PAL version is Red/Gold. And I thought this was an NTSC screenshot because of the GTS-R. Hmm..

Also, didn't Polyphony place an easter egg in only the Japanese Version of GT1? I heard that if you push one of the analog sticks at the Notice screen, a video of some Nissan going around a track will play instead of the normal intro video. And aren't demonstration videos different, not the license ones but the racing ones?

Arcade mode car selection is quite different.

Edit: I tried that thing with the notice screen, I didn't seem to get anything different?

Last edited:
I read about it in a locked thread that talked about an japanese version easter egg. I can't post the link on my cell phone, but if you search the GT1 forums you'll find it, 2 people said it worked on only the Japanese version.

Back