Very Casual Sunday Banter, 21st SeptemberOpen 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
Ladies and gentlemen, I am making an appeal to try and find out if there are people out there who fancy racing in the circumstances I have found to be most enjoyable on GT.

Those circumstances are when I find myself in the company of folks who race seriously, but don't take the whole racing-thing too seriously. They casually gather, chat, laugh and kick off a race, finish the race, chat and laugh a bit more. Few of us are good enough to be world champions, so if we're not doing it for fun why are we doing it?

It has to be said, I'm not much into assistant devices and don't use ABS myself, though I realise that this is a step too far for some, so it will be available. Racing tyres are off the menu though, whilst tyre selection should generally reflect the power of the motors being tortured.

Basically, there are two rules, mikes compulsory (What's banter without a mike?), and don't be an idiot. Banter is one thing, but being openly offensive won't be tolerated, at all.

So, if anyone wants to turn up I'll be kicking off this coming Sunday, the 21st September at 7.30pm BST. The first race will be using the 1976 Golf GTI, stock, on comfort medium tyres around six laps of Nurb GP/F, followed by six laps of Spa in the Senna WSR wearing sport medium. Adjustments to this car will be allowed, because otherwise it's in the red for ages each lap. Depletion will be normal, no penalties, no damage. The usual blurb about track limits do apply, although this is racing at its most casual, so an earnest effort at complying with the regulations will pass, whilst persistent clear disregard for them will not.

This racing list isn't exhaustive, but is just for starters and there will be more subject to the mood in the room.

So, there you go, if you love your GT6 racing, and enjoy the banter you might have come to the right place.

Cheers, Zo.

Are you talking about using mics? and how many drivers are you going to allow to race? I may take gt6 a little too serious but any more than 12 drivers with mics gets a little hey wire. Even with 16 drivers without mics things can get a little bit laggy. Oh btw do you have wired or wireless ethernet?

Hi Teamwork, yes, I know that chatter has a detrimental effect, and during racing I expect it to be kept to nothing more than ' On your left Zolon' and such like. However, in the early days of GT6 the group I raced with all used mikes, yacking away between the races, taking the rise, and the atmosphere was brilliant. That atmosphere has bled very slowly away as far as I can see throughout the time the game has been with us, with people generally getting more and more serious. I miss the fun times.

I can probably count on both hands the number of times I've been in a room with more than a dozen people, so I'm not expecting massive turn outs which might cause problems.

Hey, ho, it seems like there's not much of an appetite for it, so I think that GT on-line is about done for me. I find taking life seriously very difficult indeed.

Cheers, Zo.

Back