Very few clean drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sir_Flynn
  • 17 comments
  • 1,253 views
Messages
101
England
Bedfordshire
Messages
Sir_Flynn
Is any one else finding it takes ages to find a good room online. I enter 5 or 6 rooms populated entirely by idiots that just want to go the wrong way round the track and crash or guys who love to side swipe you every chance they get. How do you pick a room?
 
Pick a room that says something along the lines of "Clean". Most rooms are good if they have the word clean in the title as the host will most likely kick any idiots that wont take racing seriously.
 
Two solutions you'll find surprisingly simple and they'll give you a new perspective on online racing.

1.) Start your own room. Entice people in with a simple title like "x amount pp clean racing" and do non-fixed host if you don't have the bandwidth. I prefer turning off mics and keeping the quality of graphics low so you can get a wider range of players and you don't have to listen to people who'd rather yell at their dogs than race.

2.) Go here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77

It's that simple. :)
 
Pick a room that says something along the lines of "Clean". Most rooms are good if they have the word clean in the title as the host will most likely kick any idiots that wont take racing seriously.

Stealing my line, huh? ;)

I do agree with what ashes is saying but if you are really into clean racing try and join a racing league somewhere on the forum.
 
Join my rooms mate I always host clean races online and kick people that don't follow the rules
 
I always race on the Ring at 500-550pp, everyone drives clean there like 90% of the time. You should join lobbies with "clean" in their name like ashes said.
 
Our ladder which we are running currently have lots of clean drivers...

You might want to check us out.
Legend of the Streets

We've got a rating system to let players rank other players in terms of their cleaniness when racing.
 
Don't judge rooms by titles, not always; cause if not fixed host, it may not be the original host.... I search with "SRF OFF" and look for rooms with better connection & quality, from there I glance at the title.
 
Don't judge rooms by titles, not always; cause if not fixed host, it may not be the original host.... I search with "SRF OFF" and look for rooms with better connection & quality, from there I glance at the title.

This!

Search for SRF off, and select Race for Real. I then also select international rooms. Then I check the title for the word clean.

95% of the time doing it this way, you find a good room.
 
Agreed, never judge a room by it's name, I joined a "Mini Cooper Only" room last night to find the track occupied with X2010's and Formula GT's? :odd:

As many have already stated, starting your own room can be a good move as you set the rules. Put something like "clean or kick" in the lobby name.

Are there any specific cars you're a fan of? I regularly run Mini Cooper '98 only rooms, have couple of real life friends that are fans of the Mini too and although it can take a while to get going I'm regularly filling 12-16 car rooms with my little one make race evenings, gained a few new online friends too which is always handy as racing amongst friends helps to keep things pretty clean... Most of the time lol.

Don't give up hope, there are plenty of good clean racers out there, you just need to find where they're hiding and either join them or lure them into you're own lobby. 👍
 
SRF off. I usually join rooms for production cars and sport tyres. Seem the idiots like SRF on and no restrictions.
 
Thanks for the advice. I love this game but wish they took a bit of time making it simple to find races online.
 
It is simple, find multiple players who host good rooms and join them. Or start your own. Add me if you like to get an invitation to my rooms. I normally get 10-14 people a night most of whom i know. Its clean racing and fun.
 
90% of friends on my friends list are members here and I only race with them that guarantees me a clean race every time :)
 
Yeah what everyone else said plus, when you see a title of a room you are interested in like 500-550ppstreetclean for example, put your cursor over the little icon at the top left that tells you the current settings of the room. If the current settings are different from the title, don't go in. Any host that starts a room will usually keep the PP at the range they set out to and if it's currently at 650 PP it likely means the room has changed hands, and chaos reigns supreme.

Another tip is to keep track of and befriend the hosts of the rooms that are run well and ask them if they do it regularly. Then each time you want to race, go into the "Community" section of the main screen, look up your friend, click on the little icon to the upper right of the lounge and you'll see where they are currently, and if they are hosting or even in a room, go and join them and you'll likely get a good racing experience.
 
It's a pain in the ass because of the annoying menus. Refreshing the stupid list and scrolling through dozen's of lobbys where they "race" STREETCARS ONLY on Racing Soft tyres is just damn annoying. And if you join a room which *might* fit your style it's either full, close to empty or just a complete different thing than stated in the title.

And then returning to the lobby - which of course can't remember filter settings for some stupid reason - just to do the same again.
I don't wanna know how much time i spent just looking for some nice clean racing. Makes me kinda mad actually so I better don't think about it any longer :ouch:
 
still tho, new drivers to the online scene often have a hard time adjusting to the change in grip levels, online hiccuping, and non-AI racers on track with you. so many of the new online drivers are good offline, but need some time to tune online skills. in the meantime they look like plain awful drivers, but may be right around the corner from good quality clean drivers.
 
It's a pain in the ass because of the annoying menus. Refreshing the stupid list and scrolling through dozen's of lobbys where they "race" STREETCARS ONLY on Racing Soft tyres is just damn annoying. And if you join a room which *might* fit your style it's either full, close to empty or just a complete different thing than stated in the title.

And then returning to the lobby - which of course can't remember filter settings for some stupid reason - just to do the same again.
I don't wanna know how much time i spent just looking for some nice clean racing. Makes me kinda mad actually so I better don't think about it any longer :ouch:

Everything you said is so true 👍
 
Back