Very strange....

  • Thread starter Thread starter vinniecap
  • 11 comments
  • 1,231 views
Messages
34
Messages
regular_guy_look
So this afternoon, I have my Corvette Stingray out for a race. Cruising along well, in first place no worries. Then, out of the blue my car starts to slow down. Look in my rear view and nothing is behind me. I'm nowhere near the braking button or e-brake button (I use the regular dual shock), and I have the accelerate button mashed like always. Then a few seconds later, my car picks up speed again, but not before the #2 passes me FTW. This happened about 3 or 4 times today on different tracks, but same car, the Corvette Stingray 14'. I have played and enjoyed every incarnation of the GT series from the beginning, and I have never had this happen to me. So, what do you guys/gals think?? Glitch or is there something I may be missing?? Just would like to know if this has happened to anyone else, and if they figured out what caused it. Thanks!
 
Wheel user? I've had this with my T500 where the power cable is not in all the way and loses power for a second. Could be a possibility.
 
Yeah if you have a 2nd controller, that'd be the first thing I'd try. I had a controller go nuts on me a while back. Took me a while to figure out what the problem was, as both my controllers looked identical and I never really paid any attention to which one I was picking up. Some days it'd be fine (i.e. I was probably using the good controller), other days it'd randomly go nuts. I'd be racing and suddenly I'd lose the throttle, or I'd reach a big braking zone and just fly straight past it. Wasn't sure if I was losing the plot or the game was screwing up or what. It was when the analogue sticks went ape that it became fairly evident I should try swapping controllers. Going down a straight with no one around and my left thumb not even touching the stick, but the car suddenly applying full lock towards a wall... 💡
 
You weren't hitting the rev-limiter right?
 
Maybe it was some kind of glitch where the game thought you were the AI & slowed you down so the car behind could win. I've had a glitch where my car was on auto drive even though I wasn't in the pits, maybe this is something similar. Broke Turismo 6 strikes again!
 
You've become the AI :lol:
 
Thanks for the possibilities guys! I am NOT a wheel user, a controller guy. I did have the #2 guy behind me, and the second time this happened he wound up passing for the win, about 1/4 lap to go. Sounds like the PS thought I was the computer and was slowing me down so I could pass FTW. Wow, if thats the case...

Brings me to another point, I am becoming a pretty serious player in GT6, and I am thinking of taking the wheel plunge. Any suggestions for a good one besides the TM500 600 dollar wheel? And what/where do you anchor it to, coffee table? What are my options for that as well besides buying a cockpit?

You weren't hitting the rev-limiter right?

nope, def not hitting the limiter for sure. It happened twice the other day and hasn't happened again. Weird.
 
Did you have the controller connected via USB at the time? Reason I ask is I don't know if it's just mine but if I wiggle it in the wrong way the connection to the controller drops (all four red lights flash), then comes back a few seconds later with another wiggle. Could you still steer whilst it was not accelerating?
 
Did you save the replay for review or happen to look at the throttle and brake input display when this occurred? That would tell you if the throttle was not depressed fully, if traction control was engaged, or if the brakes were being applied. If it happens again definitely save the replay for review.

Sark
 
Vinniecap,
I use the Logitech G27. Holds together well, had it since December 2011, through 150+ he's. Gt5 & 6 gameplay PLUS on my 3rd gt academy with it (over 14,000 miles in 3 separate academy's alone.) Great investment in my opinion. If you wanna go all out, get a playseat or better yet make your own custom rig. Hope this helps!
 
Back