Vette ZR-T1 Tuned (800 hp). Braking issues.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_BR_Octane
  • 4 comments
  • 718 views
Messages
29
Messages
BR_Octane
Hello all,

As some of you, I bought a Vette ZR-1 and installed most of the HP Boost Gadgets (turbo, ECU etc) I could find at the tuning shop.

It turned out that I ended up with a machine that can reach flat out speeds higher than 340 km/h which is fun but it brought me two problems:

(1) altough reaching absurdely high speeds, I don't have enough brakes for it. I find myself start pumping the brakes 400 meters before the turn apex. Is it ok??

(2) now, it is extremely difficult to figure out my braking references in different circuits specially Nurb and La Sarthe. Oftenly, I find myself overshooting. It is just faster than I can think. :guilty:

Any ideas about taming this monster?

Thank you for your patience in advance.
 
Hey man,
If you're finding the speed itself too hard to handle maybe it would be best to take off some of the performance upgrades. With most cars all you need Is a little practice to get used to how it performs in different situations. Other than that, whack the downforce up to as high as it can go and stiffen the suspension a bit, that would be my suggestion.
Best of luck!
Jim
 
Race Mod it and it will do just fine!
 
At La Sarthe there are landmarks you can use before you hit your braking point. You will pass buildings on the left side of the track before you reach the first chicaine and pine trees before the second one.
 
Add some race tires. It will decrease your braking distance.
 
Back