Veyron worth modding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Floaty_Mexican
  • 26 comments
  • 3,526 views
Messages
542
Messages
boppinblue
OK so I won the veyron a long time ago, and havent tuned or even started it yet. I was wondering if its actually worth tuning or not. I'm aware that its meant to handle like a brick but I was thinking of doing it for speed purposes. Also, can anyone recommend a tune for it?
 
If by 'modding' you mean 'driving into a canal' then yes.
 
Or if you really feel like dragging with people online for hours with the same outcome then be my guess.

I say, it's not worth it.
 
yeah I thought so, I already have cars that will thrash it, just thought I would waste my 600,000 credits. think I might save up for a mclaren f1 instead
 
yeah I thought so, I already have cars that will thrash it, just thought I would waste my 600,000 credits. think I might save up for a mclaren f1 instead

It's a prize car too, I think...

EDIT: I see that you already won it - sorry! In the unlikely event that anyone doesn't know it's a prize car; you win it in the A-Spec/Pro/GT World Championship.
 
The veyron in my opinion is one of the best street cars. It can corner as fast the best of the street cars. So yes modify it.
 
If by 'modding' you mean 'driving into a canal' then yes.

That's the best option, sadly PD didn't give us said option.

I recently (out of boredom due to PSN outage) tuned mine to a Veyron SS. :D
 
The veyron in my opinion is one of the best street cars. It can corner as fast the best of the street cars. So yes modify it.

I disagree. Off the top of my head, my McLaren F1 still posts faster laps than my Veyron, and both are heavily upgraded. I'd imagine my Ferrari Enzo probably does, as well, but I haven't actually compared them directly. My fully-upgraded Veyron does alright, but it doesn't dominate.
 
When fully modded it is fast, but not fun. Not at all. It is just a load of ****! The car can't corner and it can't stop. BUT when you get to the straight, it is pretty handy.
 
It's fun (for a short time) watching the air brake activate on replays/b spec, but overall the car is a bit of a disappointment, least of all because it's only a standard model. I always thought the Zonda in previous GTs was the same, mad fast in real life and just a bit too flabby in the game.
 
pretty sure its a lambo :D haha. Only reason to modd the bugatti is to se how high top speed you can get out of it.
 
OK so I won the veyron a long time ago, and havent tuned or even started it yet. I was wondering if its actually worth tuning or not. I'm aware that its meant to handle like a brick but I was thinking of doing it for speed purposes. Also, can anyone recommend a tune for it?

Nope -- let it be -- all the HP only helps on Daytona -- or High Speed Ring
 
haha i was having this disscusion online! In my opinion its really not worth it! its a rubbish car and can only go in a straight line...Hence why PD didnt bother wasting their time making it a 'Premium' :lol:
 
Yes I agree the McLaren f1 is faster than the veyron but how much more. The veyron has 694pp when fully modified, that more than anyother street car.
 
But have you considered the overall factors? Speed in a straight line isn't everything, as much as it's useful. The F1 can leave it behind once thrown into corners. I'd like to actually see a Veyron have a better time on a track then an F1.
 
Why does the veyron suck so bad specially on corners. I hate cars that won't turn like veyron sucks so bad.

Awesome looking car though in my opinion.
 
yeah I bought a mclaren F1, tis a beast. as for the veyron, as posted I won it ages ago and havent touched it. Dont think I will as I'm saving for a C9 in the OCD. maybe a FGT aswell
 
Why does the veyron suck so bad specially on corners. I hate cars that won't turn like veyron sucks so bad.

Awesome looking car though in my opinion.

It weights too much to be a cornering machine. I haven't driven my Veyron yet but one thing making it and some other high hp cars hard to drive in corners might be the speed blindness. You get so used to the top speeds that you easily brake too late and too little.
 
I have tested alot of streetcars in the game, all the top end street cars. (Zondas, ; lambo, top end corvettes, fararis, mercedes, you name it) I am talking fully modified, all areo parts as possible, maximum downforce, transmission the 20k cr. one, fully adjustable suspensions the 15k cr. one, all horsepower upgrade parts, fully weight reduction( stage 3) and oil change I think the point is clear on the extent for mods. All my cars have almost every possible upgradeable part and everything is tuned, suspension, transmission and aero. I used monza chichane, high speed ring, nurburgrind gp f all for testing just to name a few courses. I used skid force, traction control, driving line, abs and I made a special effort to push my cars hard. Here is what I observe the mclaren f1 is the fastest around a track with alot of conners the veyron is no doubt top 3 street car. The zr1 rm and the zonda r don't count because the are racings cars. The veyron easily beats cars like lambo's, enzo and other farari's, ford gt's, viper's, speed 12, sls, c63, slr, zr1 non rm and many others. The veyron is more than worth it in my opinion. I think the veyron handling is way underated. Because of it suprior acceleration and top end many underesitimate it braking and again it has so much power through the corner its easy to give too much throtte and experience understeer. But honestly if you record its speed through the corners you will find its up there with cars like the gtr, ford gts, zr1, viper acr and the enzo just to name a few. It has one of the best brakes I have seen too, if you take a few cars and brake from like 180mph to 40mph the veyron will be among the best of them. This is from my experience.
 
Just did some test around eigerwand short track, the veyron was easily the fastest around the track. Cars tested were zr1 with aero parts non race mod, r8 09, gtr 09, viper acr, mclaren f1, enzo, lambo murcielago lp 670, SLS and Ford GT 06. Everything was fully mod, max downforce, aleast stage 3 weight reduction, racing soft tires. All car had aleast 640pp.
 
Definitely go for it. Nothing like beating LeMans type race cars on le sarthe with a street car.

Here's what happened online, came in 1st by the way :)

veyron2.jpg


veyron.jpg
 
I don't think speed has to do with how bad they veyron corners. For me anyway. How I see it is some other cars corner the same. I mean they feel the same. No tail spin fish tail. Like the wheels don't turn much. I don't know how to describe it.
 
Definitely go for it. Nothing like beating LeMans type race cars on le sarthe with a street car.

Here's what happened online, came in 1st by the way :)

veyron2.jpg


veyron.jpg

That guy must have skills. Once in a Le Mans server someone snuck in with a Veyron and he did beat us at the start but eventually became so far behind that he quit. Either he's good, or the Prototype car drivers suck. :)
 
Back