vibration for FWD cars, brake balance vs tire wear

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 3 comments

nomis3613

Premium
Hi Folks,
Firstly, does anyone know what the dualshock vibration while accelerating in FF cars represents. Torque steer? Wheelspin? In a (ridiculously overpowered) Civic, I am getting it in every gear except 6th, so I tried playing with the LSD settings but couldn't get rid of it. Just wondering if it's an indication of something that could be tuned better to extract more speed...

Also, does anyone know if the brake balance settings actually effects tire wear? Doesn't seem to, but was wondering if anyone knows definitively and could save me the testing.

Thanks.

I've come to the conclusion that dual-shock vibration is supposed to represent what somebody would feel thru the steering wheel. So that would include wheelspin, engine & drivetrain vibrations, and when the car goes over bumps. With FF cars, it shakes the strongest. With FR, not quite as much (especially outside of 2nd gear). With MR or RR cars, there is virtually no shaking at all.

I don't think the brake balance affects tire wear much. All cars in Gran turismo are supposed to have a rudimentary ABS braking system in place that keeps the brakes from locking up. 💡 The only way tire wear winds up speeding up is if the driver slides & brakes at the same time somehow.

Thanks, Parnelli.

I never noticed the shaking being worse for FR than MR, thanks for sharing.

You got it backwards. I think I said FR shakes less than FF, and MR/RR cars shake the least. *checks* Yup, that's what I said.

Back