Video Options

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTracer98
  • 12 comments
  • 839 views
Messages
5,888
Latvia
Vidzeme, Riga
Messages
Driverman447
Messages
None.
You know in GT5's options screen there's the video section where you can change the screen size, resolution and 3 options for the displayed image - normal, stabilization and sharpening (I'm translating from Italian, might be different in other languages). Now, these three options, do they change the photo quality? Because, I use the normal setting and whenever I export images on my PC, they look worse than on my TV screen: less saturated and not sharp enough and that's quite annoying. Could these options improve the quality? And if not, what could? :)
 
Well, the most obvious answer would be to first check the screen you use for your computer. Have you tried exporting the file to another computer?
 
Nope, I'll try.
 
You know in GT5's options screen there's the video section where you can change the screen size, resolution and 3 options for the displayed image - normal, stabilization and sharpening (I'm translating from Italian, might be different in other languages). Now, these three options, do they change the photo quality? Because, I use the normal setting and whenever I export images on my PC, they look worse than on my TV screen: less saturated and not sharp enough and that's quite annoying. Could these options improve the quality? And if not, what could? :)

I have the same issue, pics look great when they are taken, by the time I upload to the XMB, copy and paste to USB, upload to ImageShack and then link here...they are not nearly as sharp or saturated and always darker. I have tried using the "2x magnification" option when taking the photo which should give 1920 lines of resolution I believe and it helps a bit, but there is still plenty of image degradation.

If you figure it out, let me know please:)
 
I had the same problem, i tool a pictureof this unbelievable good looking Corvette in a brilliant red colour.
I exported the picture to the ps3 xmb.
Still looks good there.
As i imported the colour to my laptop, the colour changed from "brilliant red" to a "ugly-and-boring-red".
So I played a littlebit with the photobucket editor, which took me a littlebit of time, to get close to the original, but it still looks boring
(the original looks great!)
 
...and that kinda ruins my photo career here on GTP.
 
I honestly think its your computer monitors. I actually use my TV as a CPU monitor also. So when I take a picture, get it on to GTP It looks as good as it did when I took it. I remember when I first used the TV as a monitor it was like night and day.
 
Could it be that the problem is because I'm using a CRT television?
 
i figured something out for people who use photobucket. I don't know if it works on other sites.
Go with your ps3 to photbucket.com.
click on upload, the on browse.
the pictures will look the same as in gt5.
 
Could it be that the problem is because I'm using a CRT television?
Yes, it's likely that your television does not display the colours in exactly the same way as your computer screen does. MonGnoM's idea of using Photobucket will have no effect on this. If anything, it'll allow you to readjust the colours in a way that will make it look similar to the portrayal in GT5.

What screen are you using for your computer? Is it an older CRT one or a newer one?
 
Newer LCD.
 
I honestly think its your computer monitors. I actually use my TV as a CPU monitor also. So when I take a picture, get it on to GTP It looks as good as it did when I took it. I remember when I first used the TV as a monitor it was like night and day.

Nope, my computer and PS3 are both hooked up to the same TV, Sony LCD.
 
Most LCD TV have different color space, gamma and black level than computer monitor :D I have the same issue, my laptop have a Phillips brand LCD, my tv is Samsung LCD, they have different color space, yellow and red are similar, but blue and green are different :(, I tested by watching the same HD movie on my laptop and streaming it simultaneously to my PS3 shown on my Samsung LCD, different gamma, brightness, dark levels and color saturation. I tried to make my TV match my laptop, to no avail :grumpy: The same thing happen to GT5. My Samsung have the deep color capability and able to display 0-255 color space just like a PC monitor do, but color reproduction is still not the same ..
 
Back