video settings suggestions?

Esotic1972
DaveEsotic
Hi,

I have a notebook with an i7 and a gtx 660m.

I'm having a hard time getting PCars to look good. Does anyone know of a good guide to the dozens of settings? Any tips or tricks?

Mostly I feel like the graphics are rough and fuzzy instead of clean and crisp. Jaggie edges and such. I have no issues running assetto corsa, which I enjoy, but I like trying other sims too.

Thanks!

Dave/Esotic

Do you have nvidia GeForce experience installed? If so, the game optimised settings it gives you are usually pretty good. You could turn things up a bit for time trials, but not with a full grid of cars or your fps would start to drop. What fps range is it getting at the moment?

What Jimi said, and can you post some screenshots of your current settings?

After some futzing with various settings I decided to stop trying to run it on my notebook (the 660M is decent, but slower than desktop GPUs and probably not fast enough for PCars). I have a GTX 750 ti scheduled to arrive shortly for my desktop, so I'm going to try running it there after an upgrade to see if it behaves any better.

Project Cars is a very demanding game. I have a 4790K/980ti and during a full grid/rain start my FPS drops to around 30. Note that this is with pCars maxed out (High AA) and a triple screen setup. Compare this to Assetto Corsa where my FPS rarely drops under 80.

There was a thread with one guy detailing exactly what the video settings did, and what would be recommended (what you need or better turn off). I based my video settings on his more or less and it looks great.

Problem is that search function on the PCARS forum, either i get no results when looking for titles of threads, or i get a ton of threads where you are supposed to go through all of the pages as the keyword you are looking for appears in it somewhere. What am i doing wrong here? I want to be able to see a list of threads with the keyword in the title, or the very same post the word appeared in? The way GTP's advanced search works?

Then i could search for that thread about the video settings.

@mister dog: You can use advanced search there too. Then click on 'search single content type' and then you can select where to search, wether to return threads or posts etc.

As for video settings: I think a 660m should be fairly ok when hotlapping. Not so great with a full grid + rain. But what resolution and FPS would you want to aim for? If you really hate jaggies, just turn everything off/set to low and turn on AA (MSAA), see how that runs. From there, raise the settings you want (I usually prefer to start with track detail since that reduces texture/model pop-in) until you are comfortable. I think the game still looks great with MSAA, decent track detail and the rest set to low/off.

Back