video software

• Thread starter Bayern1987
  • 16 comments
United States
Houston, Texas
Bayern11
Just wondering what software you guys use 2 edit and resize your videos. Currenty im recording them with my Motorola Atrix 4g(record in 720p)and the files are to big. I am working on a few drifting and gymkhana montages, so i can post on the site. Just asking for a few suggestions and if you wanna join in msg me.

thank you

Bayern1987
Just wondering what software you guys use 2 edit and resize your videos. Currenty im recording them with my Motorola Atrix 4g(record in 720p)and the files are to big. I am working on a few drifting and gymkhana montages, so i can post on the site. Just asking for a few suggestions and if you wanna join in msg me.

thank you

People put them on youtube and post them here.

I use Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 which came with my new laptop, but i would like to be able to upgrade to Vegas some time.

I use Vegas Pro 9, but I'm planning to move up to Adobe Premiere

Hmm. I moved up from Adobe Premiere 7 to Vegas HD Platinum 10. My Adobe Premier was only the Elements version so I think was the right move. I used it mainly for Forza videos last year.

I use Vegas Pro 9, but I'm planning to move up to Adobe Premiere

Please don't... You'll regret that you installed Premiere. I'm running a x64 Windows 7 installed on a external hdd, with 1GB nVidia graphics, Quad-core AMD Phenom CPU and 8GB RAM. My system handles Sony Vegas, & After Effects (both running at the same time) very well. However, when I installed Premiere and ran it along side AE my system just froze up and went all do-laly.

To the OP - I'd recommend you use Vegas 7 or higher, if your using a Windows based system. If your using OS X, use Final Cut Studio/Pro. If your running a Linux distro, (which I am :D) then just don't bother looking for anything has high spec as SV or FCP. Nothing's been released yet AFAIK.

BkS
Please don't... You'll regret that you installed Premiere. I'm running a x64 Windows 7 installed on a external hdd, with 1GB nVidia graphics, Quad-core AMD Phenom CPU and 8GB RAM. My system handles Sony Vegas, & After Effects (both running at the same time) very well. However, when I installed Premiere and ran it along side AE my system just froze up and went all do-laly.

No way?! I have pretty much the same specs you have, except I have 2 less GBs of RAM.

Only reason I'm plan on moving to Premiere is because it feels more professional; Vegas Pro 9 is a bit too simple for me, but it surely delivers

No way?! I have pretty much the same specs you have, except I have 2 less GBs of RAM.

Only reason I'm plan on moving to Premiere is because it feels more professional; Vegas Pro 9 is a bit too simple for me, but it surely delivers

Feels that way, but it isn't. It's a mess of bugs, long rendering times and IMO not as flexible as Vegas. Vegas 9 Pro was the best Vegas made I think, I haven't moved to Vegas 10, I might installed it on a VM later on, on my Ubuntu laptop. Maybe it was just my system though, but I did do some research and found that it is rather buggy with a x64 system. Shame really.

I'm using Vegas HD Platinum 10...

I have Adobe Premier CS5.5 but haven't installed it... Probably just going to stick with Vegas 10...

BkS
Feels that way, but it isn't. It's a mess of bugs, long rendering times and IMO not as flexible as Vegas. Vegas 9 Pro was the best Vegas made I think, I haven't moved to Vegas 10, I might installed it on a VM later on, on my Ubuntu laptop. Maybe it was just my system though, but I did do some research and found that it is rather buggy with a x64 system. Shame really.

I guess I'll just upgrade to 10 as well

Back