VIDEOS? i need help

• Thread starter ZZIIDRIFT
  • 24 comments
Hey guys been a while since i posted on this site but i got a few questions

1. Utilities u need to transfer ur video's onto the computer to edit...what do u exactly need?

2. some suggestions or brand names of these utilities...

3. pricing and where to get em'?

haha sounds newbie but yea i wanna actually try this video stuff out so i can post some drifting

THANKS GUYS

Originally posted by ZZIIDRIFT
Hey guys been a while since i posted on this site but i got a few questions

1. Utilities u need to transfer ur video's onto the computer to edit...what do u exactly need?

2. some suggestions or brand names of these utilities...

3. pricing and where to get em'?

haha sounds newbie but yea i wanna actually try this video stuff out so i can post some drifting

THANKS GUYS

Pinnacle PCTV works great for me. only about 60-80 bucks :D

digicams work pretty well........depends on your TV. (and your cam of course...i use a sont cybershot.

haha thanks guys... hey bustwave i noticed ur video quality is nice in the gtc week 5 rs200 altezza deep forest II video...the pinnacle thing is a tv recorder? after that how do u hook it up to the comp?

Originally posted by ZZIIDRIFT
haha thanks guys... hey bustwave i noticed ur video quality is nice in the gtc week 5 rs200 altezza deep forest II video...the pinnacle thing is a tv recorder? after that how do u hook it up to the comp?
It's a capture card. It's in the comp. You just hook up your S-video, or RCA's from your PS2 into the in jacks on the capture card, and that's it.

Personally, I use an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000pro, and it works great, however, it is around $160 for it............... ;)

Originally posted by silviadrifter
Personally, I use an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000pro, and it works great, however, it is around $160 for it............... ;)

No "however" needed. 160 is actually a smoking deal if you think about it rationally. Sure, you are popping down 160 dollars, but with this you also get video capability along with capture. If you add up how much it takes for my system to capture its around 410+ dollars as I have a seperate video card (Matrox Parhelia, which ran me something like 350) and capture device (my junk Dazzle DVC80 which was like 50-55).

Originally posted by flohtingPoint
(my junk Dazzle DVC80 which was like 50-55).

Yes Dazzle is cheaper, but from what i understand it is a plug and play record type of thing. The Pinnacle PCTV has various types of settings of get the crisp capture you want. Just add on 20-30 bucks more to that 50 and you get a better capture card. :D

Originally posted by bustwave.
Yes Dazzle is cheaper, but from what i understand it is a plug and play record type of thing. The Pinnacle PCTV has various types of settings of get the crisp capture you want. Just add on 20-30 bucks more to that 50 and you get a better capture card. :D
Agreed.....;)

Originally posted by Long-Drifter
do sum computer come with that in it or must it be brought ? (the capture card):confused: if so are there any other webs site i may visit to buy one?

Not that I know of, but some video cards have a "Line In" where you can but your AUX or S-Video cable into. I know some Radeon Vid cards has it. Im not sure what other vid cards support line, but i think perg captures from a Videocard with line in. Great quality :D

Originally posted by daan
try here http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/record.htm

I now use a Radeon 9600XT with a video in socket.

When I ordered my 9600XT, I specifically ordered the ASUS built one because it came with cables and had s-video IN, which I in turn payed more money for. Two months later... I recieve the ATI 9600xt, not the ASUS one. It came with the HL2 voucher so I wasn't too tweaked, but when I found out that the s-video socket on the ATI 9600XT was s-video out ONLY, I freaked, but there was nothing I could do because I scratched that stupid voucher to get the HL2 cd-key.

After scratching it, I read the fine print which basically said, "Scratch this and you can't return or exchange your card you stupid asshole!"

Now this ATI POS is giving me slag so it's for sale.

See if I ever buy an ATI product again..

A good capture card to use, if you can use the words good and capture card in the same sentence, is the Leadtek TV2000 Expert.
They aren't nearly as expensive as digital cameras and the quality of the video has potential to be better, unless it's like a $2000 camera :P

now that I am figuring this drifting stuff out I am thinking about making a vid..

my question is what editing software can splice together mpegs and avi's and stuff like that. also which one is free/easily pirated?

ok....so from what i understand, u can get a video card to install hardware into your comp so there's a line in and a s-video input to your computer...so u can hook the ps2 up to that svideo and record the movies from there? and also... it would be a good idea to compress the files right?

Originally posted by Street Fighter
When I ordered my 9600XT, I specifically ordered the ASUS built one because it came with cables and had s-video IN, which I in turn payed more money for. Two months later... I recieve the ATI 9600xt, not the ASUS one. It came with the HL2 voucher so I wasn't too tweaked, but when I found out that the s-video socket on the ATI 9600XT was s-video out ONLY, I freaked, but there was nothing I could do because I scratched that stupid voucher to get the HL2 cd-key.
I've got the ASUS one with the TV in. Why did you scratch the voucher? HL2 ain't even finished yet.

Originally posted by legin2
my question is what editing software can splice together mpegs and avi's and stuff like that. also which one is free/easily pirated?
Shoosh! You're not allowed to talk about pirating software here.

But you don't need to 'cos Windows Movie Maker is free, and, ZZIIDrift, windows media encoder compresses them (and it's free too)

Back