Videos recorded in HD won't upload in HD

• Thread starter V0RT3X
  • 3 comments
United States
Waterford MI
V0RT3X7373
I recently bought a Go Pro knockoff camera that had really good reviews and many videos form it looked good. Obviously I don't expect it to be as much of a quality item as a proper Go Pro, but for the money it seemed like a bargain. A friend I work with was the one that recommended to me and said it had amazing picture quality.

Anyways, it apparently can shoot in 4K at 30 fps and 1080p at 60 fps. So I recorded a couple of videos in 1080 and when I uploaded them to my computer, they were only 360p. I tried an HD upload software but it made it worse and put it down to 240p. I have a 64 GB mini SD card i use with it, which is the max size that will work. It has a mini HDMI port on it, as well that I don't have a cable for. Everything Iv'e read and seen suggests that if its recorded in 1080 or 720, etc. that it should upload that way, but it clearly isn't. I haven't been able to find anything online about anyone having these problems or how to fix them (other than the HD conversion software.) So hopefully someone can help me figure this out.

I recently bought a Go Pro knockoff camera that had really good reviews and many videos form it looked good. Obviously I don't expect it to be as much of a quality item as a proper Go Pro, but for the money it seemed like a bargain. A friend I work with was the one that recommended to me and said it had amazing picture quality.

Anyways, it apparently can shoot in 4K at 30 fps and 1080p at 60 fps. So I recorded a couple of videos in 1080 and when I uploaded them to my computer, they were only 360p. I tried an HD upload software but it made it worse and put it down to 240p. I have a 64 GB mini SD card i use with it, which is the max size that will work. It has a mini HDMI port on it, as well that I don't have a cable for. Everything Iv'e read and seen suggests that if its recorded in 1080 or 720, etc. that it should upload that way, but it clearly isn't. I haven't been able to find anything online about anyone having these problems or how to fix them (other than the HD conversion software.) So hopefully someone can help me figure this out.

Rather than using video upload software, have you tried removing the SD card from the camera and copying the files directly to the computer?

Rather than using video upload software, have you tried removing the SD card from the camera and copying the files directly to the computer?

That was the first thing I tried. (Mini SD into Standard adapter, into usb adapter, into computer.)

If the camera is recording says it is recording in 1080p does not mean it.
Being a chinese copy cat does not mean much I am afraid to said

Back