View (bumper cam)

The--Beast
This is my first GT game , I always use cockpit view in all racing games/sims I've used in the past and GT is no exception .

However I would like to drive some of the standard cars but I would like to determine the POV of the so called bumper cam view . I just need to get my head round it to make it as realistic as possible .

To me the view (bumper cam) seems more like at eye level than anything, is this correct ? also is the view in the centre of the car or is it situated where the steering wheel is (to the left of car or to the right).

Can I ask the people who use this view and also use a wheel and seat where do you see yourself sitting in the car ? I mean does the screen become your windscreen ?

Thanks

It really is higher than the bumper, and pretty close to eye level at the horizontal centerline of the car. Try it out in the top gear samba challenge, it's *way* too high to really be on the bumper.

It's still my favorite view. Cockpits are neat for a lot of people, but I'm just not a cockpit kind of person, I guess.

I also use the bumper cam because but from my experience bumper cam seems lower than eye level. Thus "bumper" cam. Roof cam is too high. Its just hard to get the standard cars to feel right. We shouldnt have to improvise. :guilty:

It's everything you expect from a cockpit view (positioning, etc.), only without the cockpit.

Agree - GT5 bumper cam feels like Forza 3 bonnet view to me - imagine you are in the cockpit, just without the limited visibility. I thought I would hate the bumper cam view coming from F3's bonnet view - but i really don't notice it much.

Well after some testing the view seems to be at eye level but it is in the centre of the car so I've had to move my seat to the right hand side of the TV for right hand drive.

Well after some testing the view seems to be at eye level but it is in the centre of the car so I've had to move my seat to the right hand side of the TV for right hand drive.

With Premium cockpit views, the wheel is also centered on the television, so it's pretty much the same.

👍

I only ever use the "bumper" view. I think its higher than a bumper and yes I see the TV screen as the windshield.
Can't deal with the limited visability when using cockpit view and also not with seeing another steering wheel and another pair of hands on screen when I already have mine right in front of me.

yeah the "bumper" cam is eye level and provides the best view for racing in this sim. The cockpit views are cool as a novelty, but they help you in no way and are extremely constrictive visually, as well as quality and vividness of the graphics is reduced. I sit center, sort of like the McLaren F1. I suppose you could off-center yourself relative to the screen depending on which country your'e from, but I doubt that is beneficial.

I have tested many time the "bumper" cam in both GT5 and GT5P. Compared to cockpit view it is centered and a little closer to the windshield. Height is the same (eye level).

Someone tested this and found that the bumper cam is positioned aprox. in the same place as where it is in the cockpit view, just with an invisible car around you.

I only ever use the "bumper" view. I think its higher than a bumper and yes I see the TV screen as the windshield.
Can't deal with the limited visability when using cockpit view and also not with seeing another steering wheel and another pair of hands on screen when I already have mine right in front of me.

yes I agree with the scond hands and wheel. It a little weird for me too. The bumper cam seems faster too. Although I have been liking the cockpit view.

Is the Civic Type-r EK a premium car? it has a cockpit view...

I use bumper view and center my seat/wheel on the center of the tv.. about 4 feet from 52 inch.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K9Q5UK/?tag=gtplanet-20

Thanks for all your thoughts guys . Obviously people can play this game how they like But Just wondering about the above statement. I dont mean this in a bad way but you buy all the equipment to make the experience as realistic as possible but then you sit in the center of the car .. just wondering. :)

Back