View Driver

  • Thread starter Thread starter newracer0
  • 9 comments
  • 750 views
Messages
4
Hi, sorry this might be a newbish question but I just got this game (kicks ass) and I read that you can now see the drivers when you use a convertible. Well, I just used the money from my GT3 game transfer and I bought a Lexus that is convertible. However, when I play with it, it is not convertible, it has the top on..... How do I view the driver, or how do I take the top off? Thanks


PS. the Lexus is a blue 50,000 credits or something.
 
newracer0
Hi, sorry this might be a newbish question but I just got this game (kicks ass) and I read that you can now see the drivers when you use a convertible. Well, I just used the money from my GT3 game transfer and I bought a Lexus that is convertible. However, when I play with it, it is not convertible, it has the top on..... How do I view the driver, or how do I take the top off? Thanks


PS. the Lexus is a blue 50,000 credits or something.
You have to be in a time trial or something like that, where there's no other cars on the track. Or you can go to arcade mode, and when you are adjusting the settings for whether ASM is on or not, you can decide whether to race top up or top down.
 
Are you serious? That sucks balls man. Most of the time spent in the game is in Simulation mode. I don't play the arcade version... I don't like that one bit. Why the hell would they do that? Lack of PS2 power?
 
Well, I bought a Mercedes SL55 AMG and it was convertible. When I got to the race track, it was with the roof up and on another AMG too just cant remember the name
 
newracer0
Why the hell would they do that? Lack of PS2 power?
Yep... It's very demanding for the PS2 to generate all the movement of the driver...

AMG is for tuned Mercedes... ASM is to reduce oversteer/understeer... Assisted Steering M( I don't really know what the M stands for.)
 
newracer0
Lack of PS2 power?

Watch your language, I don't really care but the moderators do.

Back on topic- I think you're on the right track questioning the power of the PS2. I think it's asking too much of the PS2 to get the graphics of GT4, 5 cars, AND the driver animations(steering wheel, looking in directions, interior of the car, etc.).

Welcome to GTP. 👍
 
Thanks guys. I'm being a pain I know, but you guys also mentioned AMG and ASM, what do those mean?


Edit: Sorry sorry, I didn't realize you had already answered my question.

This forum is great, you guys really answer fast. I'll be staying here for a while :D


Thanks again
 
I think that on the "special event" area you can race with the top down on the street courses.
 
ASM = Active Stability Management (IIRC), basically is GT4s stability management control system - set it to zero.

AMG = AMG is the performance tuning arm of Mercedes-Benz, originally a seperate company they became part of MB in 1999. The name AMG comes from the founders names, as the is piece from the AMG history explaines

The History of Mercedes-AMG GmbH
1967 Hans Werner Aufrecht (A) and Erhard Melcher (M) found their com-pany at the Old Mill in Großaspach (G), giving it the official title "Engineering office for the Design and Testing of Racing Engines".

Hope that helps

Scaff

BTW - don't be to hard on the old PS2 that it can't model six drop-tps in one go, just be glad that they bothered to do it at all. Take you car for a spin in time trail and take a look at the interior detail and you will know what I mean.
 
Back