View resets every races?

• Thread starter BKViper
  • 7 comments
bkviper
Am I doing something wrong, or do you seriously have to cycle through the views at the start of every race, if you don't want to drive from the interior of the car?
I can not figure out a way to "lock" this game into the view I prefer "hood/bonnet" view. (BTW, specifically talking about arcade, don't know if MP is different).
But every race, it puts me back in the interior, which is very frustrating when I'm trying to cycle through fast enough, before the rolling star hand over control, and since hood view is almost the full way around the cycle (and if I over shoot it and have to cycle twice) there's been a couple times where the race started and I'm flying at a wall because I'm still trying to get my view right.
And it doesn't even matter if I finish a race, and immediately do another run at the same track/car/everything, as soon as it starts the new race, it's back to interior view.
So, unless this is something they need to fix, if anyone knows what I need todo/where I need to go, to lock my view to where I drive from, it would be greatly appreciated.

I drive in cockpit view and I've had this happen with three cars today. It reset my cockpit settings (height, distance) and I had to re-do them twice.

Are you playing offline? Your view setting only saves if you’re connected :P

(Not actually true, for anyone who couldn’t tell it was a joke)

So, are you saying that it should just automagically keep the same view cockpit/bonnet/trail camera setting between races (as I would hope and expect) and I don't actually have to track down some secret setting in the options to make it save?
And therefore I am dealing with a bug. :-(

Back