• Thread starter Xenn
  • 10 comments

Xenn

NSX
Premium
United Kingdom
The U of K
GTPXenn
The sequel! As I said in the previous version of this topic, GT2 has even more unused viewpoints than GT1. Below are some examples :)

Hightened view (This has 3 versions now, each being higher than one another)

1-3.png

Slightly zoomed out (No idea why this isn't used, it's a good viewpoint in my opinion)

2-3.png

Extreeeeeeeme zoom out (Quite a humorous one, this)

3-3.png

Right on the road (Can see why this isn't used, it causes the track road to glitch)

5-2.png

Extreeeeeeeme hightened view (I can see my house from here!)

6-1.png

Bonnet view (Not as good as GT1's sadly)

4-2.png

Inside view?! (Interesting one, this)

7.png

Under the car (Pretty much the same as GT1's)

8.png

Looking ahead (Good for some tracks)

9-1.png

Bonnet view 2 (A better version in my opnion)

10.png

Above the course (Quite nice on some courses)

11.png

Last edited:
I personally like the slightly zoomed out view and the on the road view. The bonnet view is awful, not trying to sound greedy, but are there more views? Or are they not really useful. And a comment for the ultra extreme zoomed out view, 'wow the grass is grayer on the other sides.'

I can get a few other ones in, as i've just discovered some more :) will be up soon.

One question for you, will I be able to access these views on the arcade mode disc? Because my simulation mode disc is destroyed and in a local landfill.

You can actually. GT and Arcade mode share almost identical code, so it'll work on both discs :)

Edit: new viewpoints are now up!

Last edited:
Cool, I never knew that you could change views with the codes. Maybe because I never looked at the memory addresses, I only experimented with tinkering values in the garage, licence, and race memory addresses. Did you find this all yourself? If you did you can have bragging rights.

I think i'm the only one who's found these view codes. But I could be wrong there.

I do happen to know quite a few memory addresses, in GT1 and 2. I might explain and show them sometime :)

If you do decide to elaborate on the subject, it might be best to create a thread in the hybrids and gamesharks forum, as it probably should be in that one. Do you ever substitute tracks, like do the Rome 2hr. Endurance at Autumn Ring Mini?

I do sometimes, I use the seattle course as it's one of my favourite tracks :)

Ah, yes, Seattle is a good track. I used to race on the hidden track because only 3 normal tracks worked on my simulation mode disc (Max Speed, High Speed Ring, Midfield). Anyways, like the inside view now. :)

The sequel! As I said in the previous version of this topic, GT2 has even more unused viewpoints than GT1. Below are some examples :)

Hightened view (This has 3 versions now, each being higher than one another)

1-3.png

Slightly zoomed out (No idea why this isn't used, it's a good viewpoint in my opinion)

2-3.png

Extreeeeeeeme zoom out (Quite a humorous one, this)

3-3.png

Right on the road (Can see why this isn't used, it causes the track road to glitch)

5-2.png

Extreeeeeeeme hightened view (I can see my house from here!)

6-1.png

Bonnet view (Not as good as GT1's sadly)

4-2.png

Inside view?! (Interesting one, this)

7.png

Under the car (Pretty much the same as GT1's)

8.png

Looking ahead (Good for some tracks)

9-1.png

Bonnet view 2 (A better version in my opnion)

10.png

Above the course (Quite nice on some courses)

11.png
The photos have disappeared. Can you re-upload them?

Back