Vintage Muscle Online Lobby random race report

• Thread starter hatfield
  • 0 comments
DRZ-Hatfield
Was in a random lobby online (no SRF race for real) had won some and lost some.
Ended up on laguna seca in Vintage Muscle cars at 550pp.
Another driver 'Warrior' won with me in second but he was obviously more skilled in

controlling his mach 1 mustang (same as my car).

Switched track to Indy road. (3 laps)
Off the line I slipstreamed him and took him under breaks into the first corner.
I could tell he was quicker through the corners as he would get closer and closer

constantly. He passed me before the back straight, but I slipstreamed to get close

behind again.
Coming onto the oval section of the track he had a few car lengths on me but I

slipstreamed him on the oval and up the straight to beat him under breaks into the

first corner again.

The second lap was much the same however I realised that if this continued on the last

lap he would pip me to the line.
Once again at the beginning of the third lap I took him under breaks into corner one.
This time I held my nerve and apex hugged to prevent passing opportunities.
By the last corner before the oval I was still leading but I let him past and kept

right behind him.
He extended his lead to half a car length but the slipstream came into effect and I

pulled out of the draft to be side by side over the finish line.
0.014 of a second...and I won.

Next race was the same track and length.
This time "Trav" in a cobra 427 got a good start and I followed him into turn 1. (Warrior got caught up in some first corner drama and was not a factor in this race)
It seemed like the shoe was on the other foot in this run and I was all over him in the

corners, but he had me on the straights. First lap I managed to pass him in the

hairpins after the back straight but he slipstreamed past me on the main straight before the finish line.

Lap two was again much the same again with the same realisation.
Into the third lap I made a pass much earlier (corner 3-4) and opened up the gap.
Coming into the oval he was further behind than normal but with the slipstream at his aide and his already greater top end, he was catching very quickly.
He pulled alongside to cross the finish line.
0.024 of a second...and I won again.

Back