Vinyl group importing? Updated with answer.

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 10 comments
United States
Bozeman
djespeed
djespeed
I'm eager to know if we can import vinyl groups from FM3/4 into FH. Really, it'd be awesome if we're able to. If not, then bummer. :/

So, are we able to import vinyl groups into Forza Horizon?
Update: I was actually talking to Bill Caswell ($500 Craigslist BMW guy, occasional Jalopnik columnist, and one of the guys who's had access to the game for press reasons, I assume) via Facebook, and he says that it's in, ala Forza 3 to Forza 4 (if you get my drift).

That's a Yes.

I'm eager to know if we can import vinyl groups from FM3/4 into FH. Really, it'd be awesome if we're able to. If not, then bummer. :/

So, are we able to import vinyl groups into Forza Horizon?
Update: I was actually talking to Bill Caswell ($500 Craigslist BMW guy, occasional Jalopnik columnist, and one of the guys who's had access to the game for press reasons, I assume) via Facebook, and he says that it's in, ala Forza 3 to Forza 4 (if you get my drift).

That's a Yes.

I didn't have FM3, if you can, will you explain how importing vinyls was done from 3-4..

I didn't have FM3, if you can, will you explain how importing vinyls was done from 3-4..

If you had a vinyl that you did in forza 3 when you started forza 4 it should say something like VINYL DETECTED WOULD YOU LIKE TO IMPORT you say yes and presto that vinyl is now in forza 4

If you had a vinyl that you did in forza 3 when you started forza 4 it should say something like VINYL DETECTED WOULD YOU LIKE TO IMPORT you say yes and presto that vinyl is now in forza 4

Please..it can't be that simple. We are talking about a Microsoft product.
Are you sure I don't have to stand on one leg, hold my breath for 13 minutes and reformat my HDD when it does work??? haha

What about bulk transfers? I have a lot of vinyl groups, and liveries.

Please..it can't be that simple. We are talking about a Microsoft product.
Are you sure I don't have to stand on one leg, hold my breath for 13 minutes and reformat my HDD when it does work??? haha

What about bulk transfers? I have a lot of vinyl groups, and liveries.

1st. It is simple

2nd. No idea about bulk transfers

It was indeed a very easy process to transfer vinyls from Forza 3 to Forza 4. I was shocked how well it worked. I am hoping it will work just as well from Forza 4 to Horizon.

You have to go to the paint shop. Then I think its "paint car" or something like that. You dont actuall "import" your F4 vinyls. You load your "vinyl groups" directly from the hard drive. It actually works easier than the "import" from F3 to F4.

Basically you are loading anything you do in F4 directly from that save. So you can actually go back to F4, make some changes, then load those changes in Horizon. Works very well.

You cant import full car paint jobs from F4. You will have to save each side in F4. For example. Driver side BMW, Pass side BMW, Top BMW, rear BMW. Then go to Horizon and load those on your BMW.

Back