vinyl problem

United States
United States
having problems with vinyls showing up only shows on side and hood don't show on front, back, roof it blinks then when i apply nothing shows up, please help, I got it now thanks for all the help from everyone

Last edited:
Welcome to :gtplanet: @Spike gamer :)

When you place a decal you must place it on the right selection. Hood is only for hood, other is for.. well, other, body is body etc. You can’t place a decal on the body if you’re stuck on the hood selection vice versa. I suck at explaining. Just press and hold R3 and you’ll see where you’re able to place decals within that selection.

When you place a decal you must place it on the right selection. Hood is only for hood, other is for.. well, other, body is body etc. You can’t place a decal on the body if you’re stuck on the hood selection vice versa. I suck at explaining. Just press and hold R3 and you’ll see where you’re able to place decals within that selection.
thank you, maybe I am place it wrong I will try it

When you pick an area, click the R3 button as @syntex123 mentioned. Anywhere in blue you can place a decal. It will cut off going onto the white. If you can't see the decal as a solid as you're moving it around and it only flashes, it will not be visible when you save. You can use this to your advantage on small areas like the mirrors where you can but a huge square decal to change the color of the whole mirror.

If you need to have, for example, stripes down the hood and onto the front bumper or fenders you will need one on the hood and another on the body section lined up, which can be a pain for some decals where you might do a lot of custom scaling but work at it like any other skill and you'll be able to get it right in short order.

FYI, I find the "align to camera" feature to be very handy when trying to line up 2 decals. Stripes down the length of a car body in particular have a nasty tendency to bend in some way and throw off alignment.

Last edited:

I got it, it was me doing it wrong. thanks for taking the time to help me

When you pick an area, click the R3 button as @syntex123 mentioned. Anywhere in blue you can place a decal. It will cut off going onto the white. If you can't see the decal as a solid as you're moving it around and it only flashes, it will not be visible when you save. You can use this to your advantage on small areas like the mirrors where you can but a huge square decal to change the color of the whole mirror.

If you need to have, for example, stripes down the hood and onto the front bumper or fenders you will need one on the hood and another on the body section lined up, which can be a pain for some decals where you might do a lot of custom scaling but work at it like any other skill and you'll be able to get it right in short order.

FYI, I find the "align to camera" feature to be very handy when trying to line up 2 decals. Stripes down the length of a car body in particular have a nasty tendency to bend in some way and throw off alignment.
OK thank you, I got it, thanks for taking time to help me

Same around the rear, impossible to keep a straight line. :lol:
I got it, it was me doing it wrong. thanks for taking the time to help me
Any time, I'm here to help. @DigitalBaka did a way better job explaining it than me though, sometimes when I'm too tired my mind just shuts off. :D

Latest Posts

Back