viotunes | Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87, Mazda Demio Sport '10

• Thread starter viotunes
  • 1 comments
Austria
Austria
Hey there,

so I decided it was time to start sharing my tunes in here. My goal is not to tune every car to utter perfection, as that means something else for everyone. What I'm trying to do is that instead of just taking the quickest cars in a class, I want to find odd cars that aren't frequently used and try to bring them up to a level where they can be driven in race at an acceptable pace.

I'm going to start with two tunes I've done recently and enjoy racing with. These aren't excessively tested online, but I did get some decent lap times and they feel natural and predictable to me. Going to trust my gut here.

These tunes are probably going to have their flaws, so if anyone wants to test them out and give me some feedback I'd appreciate it and will try to update the cars to improve them further. I'm new to tuning so every bit of advice helps! Just please make sure you got all the setup values right.

Also, if something doesnt work out with the transmission tune let me know ASAP and I will go and fix the setup sheet.

viotunes '87 esprit turbo hc
k3BFwyu.jpg

Performance Points - 450
Max. Power (HP) - 231,993 (converted from kW)
Weight (kg) - 995
Oil Change - N
Body Rigidity - N
Wheels - Sports Soft

Body
Downforce
- 0/0
Ballast Weight - 36
Ballast Position - -10
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Hood - Carbon
Windows - Weight Reduction

Power
Power Limiter
- 85,6%
Engine Tuning - Standard
Computer - Standard
Exhaust - Standard
Exhaust Manifold - Standard
Catalytic Converter - Standard
Intake - Standard
Turbo Kit - Stage 3
Supercharger - N/A
N2O - Standard

Fully Customizable Transmission (Check Notes below please)
Transmission Flip Initial Final
- max.
Max. Speed (auto set) - min.
1st Gear - 2.775
2nd Gear - 2.065
3rd Gear - 1.560
4th Gear - 1.255
5th Gear - 1.010
6th Gear - N/A
7th Gear - N/A
8th Gear - N/A
Final Gear - 3.495

Fully Customizable Suspension
Ride Height
- 100/130
Spring Rate - 7,40/8,35
Dampers (Compression) - 3/8
Dampers (Extension) - 5/8
Anti-Roll Bars - 3/4
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle - 0.45/0.25
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 6/3

Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
Initial Torque
- 8/0
Acceleration Sensitivity - 5/0
Braking Sensitivity -10/0
Clutch & Flywheel - Triple-Plate
Drive Shaft - Standard
Front/Rear Torque Split - N/A

Notes

Transmission
will top out early for most tracks, so you need to set the Final Gear for whatever fits your needs. I find setting it a little higher than necessary actually helps this car reach better top speeds and stay stable on corner exits (tested this on Spa and Trial Mountain)

Car itself feels nice to drive, it can get loose under hard braking or exiting slow speed corners, so be wary of that. It's just an old car and probably just simply not made for these sort of speeds

Pace is not too fast, but also not too lame, it's somewhere in the middle. I test my tunes on Trial Mountain and managed a time of 1:32.9xx

Tuned with ABS1

viotunes '10 demio sport
BNwpX3a.jpg

Performance Points - 450
Max. Power (HP) - 234,675 (converted from kW)
Weight (kg) - 940
Oil Change - N
Body Rigidity - N
Wheels - Sports Soft

Body
Downforce
- 0/10 (add rear wing to unlock setting)
Ballast Weight - 88
Ballast Position - 50
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Hood - Carbon
Windows - Weight Reduction

Power
Power Limiter
- 95,7%
Engine Tuning - Stage 3
Computer - Sports
Exhaust - Racing
Exhaust Manifold - Standard
Catalytic Converter - Sports
Intake - Standard
Turbo Kit - Stage 3
Supercharger - N/A
N2O - Standard

Fully Customizable Transmission (Check Notes below please)
Transmission Flip Initial Final
Max. Speed (auto set) - 210
1st Gear - 3.758
2nd Gear - 2.565
3rd Gear - 1.871
4th Gear - 1.440
5th Gear - 1.170
6th Gear - N/A
7th Gear - N/A
8th Gear - N/A
Final Gear - N/A

Fully Customizable Suspension
Ride Height
- 110/95
Spring Rate - 4,95/4,70
Dampers (Compression) - 3/2
Dampers (Extension) - 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars - 4/3
Camber Angle (-) - 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle - 0.00/-1.00 (Check Notes below please)
Brakes - Racing
Brake Balance - 4/6

Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD (Check Notes below please)
Initial Torque
- 9/0
Acceleration Sensitivity - 35/0
Braking Sensitivity -5/0
Clutch & Flywheel - Triple-Plate
Drive Shaft - Standard
Front/Rear Torque Split - N/A

Notes

Transmission
has been set using a different method than usual. I set the Final Gear to minimum, then adjusted the speed using Max Speed (auto set), then did the individual gearing. This has the effect of the car having slightly more power in the lower RPMs and from a standstill (better launch etc.) Not sure if this is a common method, but I use it sometimes if I feel like it could help a car. You will need to use a different value on the Max Speed (auto set) if you want the transmission to be longer, then re-do the individual gearing. The transmission tops out at only 208 kph in this version, so I suggest you set the Max Speed (auto set) higher if you arent driving on tiny circuits like I am. You can generally assume that it will top out 2-4 kph below the initial value you set.

Toe has been kept neutral in the front and minimum in the rear. If you need more grip on corner exit, try to increase the front toe, if you feel like the car is too "loose" try to increase the rear toe.

LSD has been set by feel. The most important value here is Initial Torque: If the car is understeering too much, try to decrease it, if the front tyres are turning "red" too much, try to increase it. Increasing this value can make the car understeer so only do it as much as you need it for the track (I run 9-10 on Spa and 6 on Trial Mountain.)

Pace is medium, but surprisingly fast for a tiny FF car in my opinion. My time on Trial Mountain was 1:32.8xx

Tuned with ABS1

Hey Viotunes, like the Esprit Turbo tune. Ran race softs and reduced ride height to 100F and 115R and make a lot of difference. Stopped the car oversteering. Nice tune, fairly quick and fun to drive.

Back