VIP Membership Confusion

• Thread starter Tyger
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
UK
ReTyger
So I got the VIP pack as I pretty much wanted all the DLC cars (particularly the Noble!) and I seem to remember some time after, I checked the message centre and there was at least one gift car from T10 (possibly more) which I assumed was because I got the VIP pack/membership.

For whatever reason I didn't accept the car(s) there and then, assuming there was no time limit, but I can no longer find these gifts. Since then I also cancelled my xbox live gold membership, so is this the reason? I hope not, I already paid for VIP membership, I shouldn't need to pay a further £5.99 per month to reap the benefits, when I currently have little or no other justification for gold membership.

Also I am a little confused as to how one obtains unicorn cars (other than on rare occasions in the auction house) but perhaps I need to put some more research in! Just a little annoying that I don't seem to be benefitting from VIP membership in any way, though could well be my miss!

For whatever reason I didn't accept the car(s) there and then, assuming there was no time limit, but I can no longer find these gifts. Since then I also cancelled my xbox live gold membership, so is this the reason?

There is a time limit on accepting these gifts of around 30 days, if you haven't accepted it by then it will disappear from the list. You would be able to see them even if you no longer had Xbox Live Gold membership however you wouldn't be able to accept them.

Also I am a little confused as to how one obtains unicorn cars (other than on rare occasions in the auction house) but perhaps I need to put some more research in!

I don't think unicorn cars turn up in the auction house at all after there were loads of hacked credits being used to buy them. Some ways you can earn unicorn cars are to take part (or win?) a race in a lobby with a developer when they have a game with devs event running, you can usually find out about these through in-game message or through the official Forza forums. Another way is to set a time in a rivals event when they have an event on and then vote on a poll on the official Forza forums, I think they call them Facebook Challenges. There are a few other ways you can get them through the Forza forums but to accept the gifts you will need Xbox Live Gold membership. Sorry about my bad explanation but hopefully you can find something helpful.

Thanks for the explanation. My only other question is, were the gift cars due to VIP membership, or Gold live membership, or both? Pretty sure I can't find them now, even to view. And i'm still struggling to see what the advantage of VIP membership is at all :(

I can't remember if there were gifts for getting VIP membership, however I did randomly get a unicorn car a while ago which I assumed was for having VIP membership but never checked exactly why.

I mainly bought VIP membership for the cars included in the pack, but they also used to run rivals events which you just had to set a time and you'd get a unicorn car at the end although I think they've stopped doing them events. I think the earlier you buy the VIP membership the more beneficial it is.

Do you know roughly how long ago you bought the VIP membership and when the you got the message saying you've been gifted a car? Any longer than 4 weeks ago and it's probably gone for good.

I had a dig around and found one gift car, a Scion FR-S which looked stock, though I'm sure the gift cars I saw way back had some tuning or body kits or some such mods. Anyway I couldn't snag it as, yep, it told me I needed Gold membership.

So now i'm not sure if VIP membership has anything at all to do with it. I still think it's a little rich, perhaps they should just call it the VIP car pack and not charge more than for the other packs, as there seem to be little or no other perks.

Back