VIP Pass and car packs - What happens if I change console?

• Thread starter Chebble
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm currently waiting for my disc copy of the ultimate edition. I'm planning on installing it to my current xbox when I finish work.

However, I've also ordered an Xbox One S that is due tomorrow. If I install it onto my current Xbox, then install it on my new one tomorrow, will I be able to install everything else again at the same time? I don't want to install everything on my current Xbox only to not be able to use it all on my new one - is the VIP Pass and everything connected to the gamertag, rather than the console?

Massively looking forward to this! Thanks for your help.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe all your purchases are tied to the account itself. I think with your new Xbox, you'll be able to redownload all that bc the store will recognize that your account already owns it.

At least, that's the way it worked for me back on the X360.

I had a feeling it would be like that. I was just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences.

Thanks for your time! Just had a text off my girlfriend saying it arrived earlier, so I've asked her to install it for me so I don't have to wait any longer than I already do. Only 5 hours to go now.

**EDIT**

In the interests of closure, everything transferred as it should have done.

Last edited:
Back