viper gts-r team oreca gear ratio problem

am having a problem with the million dollar viper gts-r team oreca....actually this car when i first bought it seemed to be the best viper as in terms of handling speed etc but when i gave it a max speed try out i was really disappointed...it barely tops 220 mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did everything i could regarding gear ratios..nothing works ...here are the shifting points

gear 1 from 0-96 mph
gear 2 from p97-156
gear 3 from 157-216
gear 4 from 217-???

there's no point writing down other gears as i never reached them yet lol

i tried adjusting the gears to the shortest but still wouldn't top 220 without nos...you see the final ratio of the car can go as low as 2.000 but the problem pf this car is that it's torque is way to weak to match it's HP

HP=959
torque=seven hundred something

whereas all my other vipers have a torque of no less than a nine hundred....i really like this car and i think it has potential to make great speed records but i need to fix this problem badly....my SRT-10 can blow it on test course going over 240 without NOS and about 280+ with NOS

Turn the Final drive down to its lowest: 5.00

Now slide Autoset full right to 25, then full left to 1, and leave it there. Your six-speed now has a nice set of evenly-spaced close-ratio gears.

Now go back and adjust the Final for each track. You want to redline just before the braking point on the longest straight.

This exploit is known as the "tranny trick". It works on all cars. Sure, you can theoretically adjust each gear to a more-perfect ratio for a given torque curve on each car, but with 720 cars in the game, how long would that take?

Lower the downforce. Its probably slower in a straight line than the street Vipers because all the wings and splitters and stuff act like big air brakes.

A damn good explanation in that link. Its a shame there isnt actually a worth while power curve for the cars in the game. How useful is a graph with a total of two numbers on it?

Yeah, it would infinitely more valuble if they gave you more than just 1000 RPM to Redline for the X axis and just the Power/Torque peaks with no other markers on the Y axis ...

A force vs. speed graph like the one I showed in that thread (I made a calculator in Excel) is very helpful, as well, especially for engines where power falls off significantly before redline ... My calculator takes into account aerodynamic and rolling resistances, which is why the flat torque curve of the "S2000" isn't flat on the Net Force vs. Speed graph ...

Maybe they'll fix it for GT5 ...

Try this...

1. I set the box to lowest final drive i can, usually 5 or 5.5
2. then put it to 1 on the setter thing, this makes the gearbox look VERY short!
3. then I bring up the final drive til i get the top speed i want, ie the top of the final line in the right place for the cars power
4. then I wind the 1st and second gears higher, use your judgement, but I normally go as high as I can in 1st, and just a little less in 2nd
5. and then level off the rest, so the bottom of the lines is level...

This gives minimal wheelspin in the first two, and should have you on the powerband in the others. You have to be realistic about the top speed you aim for, relative to how much power you have available, Test this on Sarthe 1, rig the car so you are pulling red line a second or two before you need to brake.

Use TCS of at least 2 or 3, unless you are a total thrillseeker.

KING Of ROCK
am having a problem with the million dollar viper gts-r team oreca....actually this car when i first bought it seemed to be the best viper as in terms of handling speed etc but when i gave it a max speed try out i was really disappointed...it barely tops 220 mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did everything i could regarding gear ratios..nothing works ...here are the shifting points

gear 1 from 0-96 mph
gear 2 from p97-156
gear 3 from 157-216
gear 4 from 217-???

there's no point writing down other gears as i never reached them yet lol

i tried adjusting the gears to the shortest but still wouldn't top 220 without nos...you see the final ratio of the car can go as low as 2.000 but the problem pf this car is that it's torque is way to weak to match it's HP

HP=959
torque=seven hundred something

whereas all my other vipers have a torque of no less than a nine hundred....i really like this car and i think it has potential to make great speed records but i need to fix this problem badly....my SRT-10 can blow it on test course going over 240 without NOS and about 280+ with NOS

Back