Viper GTSR Team ORECA!?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tecra
  • 10 comments
  • 2,074 views
Messages
133
United States
San Francisco
Messages
x_tecra_x
What up everyone? I'm hella high this Friday morning at 4:00am. Im just chillin and playing some GT3. I have 57.6% of the game complete. I know its nothing but I DONT CHEAT :mad: Anyway to the question. I won the Viper GTSR Team ORECA from completing the Amatuer circuit and I race it completely stock. I have noticed that I can purchase a RACING muffler/exhaust mod for $0 which doesnt increase HP if purchased. Why is it there? Whats the point? Bug or Egg?
I have many thoughts on this and I would like to know what u guys thought.
(a) bug
(b) purchasing RACING muffler/exhaust w/o anyother mods might be a benefit
(c) purchasing STAGE 2 NA tune-up w/o muffler/exhaust might be a benefit
(d) combination of the 2 which would fully modify the car might be a benefit
:confused: Anyone catch this? :confused:
 
Originally posted by Tecra
What up everyone? I'm hella high this Friday morning at 4:00am. Im just chillin and playing some GT3. I have 57.6% of the game complete. I know its nothing but I DONT CHEAT :mad: Anyway to the question. I won the Viper GTSR Team ORECA from completing the Amatuer circuit and I race it completely stock. I have noticed that I can purchase a RACING muffler/exhaust mod for $0 which doesnt increase HP if purchased. Why is it there? Whats the point? Bug or Egg?
I have many thoughts on this and I would like to know what u guys thought.
(a) bug
(b) purchasing RACING muffler/exhaust w/o anyother mods might be a benefit
(c) purchasing STAGE 2 NA tune-up w/o muffler/exhaust might be a benefit
(d) combination of the 2 which would fully modify the car might be a benefit
:confused: Anyone catch this? :confused:
Saw that only when used the cheat to purchase that car. You could try the set up an dont save, that way you can return to your settings as they were. Cars only good for about 240 mph fully mod. w/o cheats... with cheats you can get 245,000 hp... That would kick up the top end to around 400 mph
 
Yeah, I noticed that. I think it's just a bug. Tyupically the race cars come with all those goodies preinstalled, and so they put the --- thing in where the price goes. This one just got missed somehow. There is sloppy editing like that all over the game.

By the way, drive the daylights out of that thing. It's an incredible car, even stock. in fact it's so much fun to drive I don't plan on over-powering it.
 
hey this is a great time to bring up this topic, i myself JUST got the Oreca Viper last night, right before i shut off my PS2...havent drivin it yet but i KNOW i will since i followed the Oreca Viper Team on Speedvision all the way through, MAN are they fast! especially when they get tangled with the corvettes! they just scrap away heh. Duke you've always got something useful to say so i guess i'll ask you this:

currently the car i use as my main driver is the Loctite Zexel GTR (because ive built Tamiya models of it before and like it alot) I'm guessing the Viper is faster...but which one would you choose? ive already put 600 miles on the Loctite, with some mild tuning here and there, kinda like it the way it is.

anyway thanks in advance:)
 
Originally posted by Ducati
Duke you've always got something useful to say so i guess i'll ask you this:

currently the car i use as my main driver is the Loctite Zexel GTR (because ive built Tamiya models of it before and like it alot) I'm guessing the Viper is faster...but which one would you choose? ive already put 600 miles on the Loctite, with some mild tuning here and there, kinda like it the way it is.
Why, thanks! I share what I know because I learn something worthwhile here every day myself.
:blush:
I can't directly compare the two, because I haven't really driven the GT-R Skylines. Between the Loctite and the Pennzoil, I have to say you have the better one though, based on the AI's performance. If you have the same of over/understeer problems with it that the AI does, the Viper GTS-R will be a revelation to you in the corners. I'd say it compares more to driving the JGTC NSXs, despite being front engine. I like it much better than the C5R if that helps.

Check out the Writeups board for my 'All-Japan GT' commentary. That has a lot of info about driving the car and I included my setup in that.

Hope this helps.
 
Originally posted by Ducati
hey this is a great time to bring up this topic, i myself JUST got the Oreca Viper last night, right before i shut off my PS2...havent drivin it yet but i KNOW i will since i followed the Oreca Viper Team on Speedvision all the way through, MAN are they fast! especially when they get tangled with the corvettes! they just scrap away heh. Duke you've always got something useful to say so i guess i'll ask you this:

currently the car i use as my main driver is the Loctite Zexel GTR (because ive built Tamiya models of it before and like it alot) I'm guessing the Viper is faster...but which one would you choose? ive already put 600 miles on the Loctite, with some mild tuning here and there, kinda like it the way it is.

anyway thanks in advance:)
the Vipers all handle well, jus depends on the mods you addon. Mine/Viper GTS does a wheelie at 490 mph... Top ends 1497 mph
 
Check out the Writeups board for my 'All-Japan GT' commentary
Read that one all the way through, you really make an impact on some of us here that have only started playing! I'll havto go back and check out your setup, even though as i drove it stock today it handled quite well!
Mine/Viper GTS does a wheelie at 490 mph... Top ends 1497 mph
I'm going to go on a hunch here and come to the conclusion that this viper aint "stock" :D (or legit for that matter :lol: )

Anyway thanks duke
(btw, you should try the JGTC GT-R's...they sound amazing!)
 
Originally posted by Ducati
Read that one all the way through, you really make an impact on some of us here that have only started playing! I'll havto go back and check out your setup, even though as i drove it stock today it handled quite well!
I'm going to go on a hunch here and come to the conclusion that this viper aint "stock" :D (or legit for that matter :lol: )

Anyway thanks duke
(btw, you should try the JGTC GT-R's...they sound amazing!)
Does it matter either way, I was just wantin to see if it could be done after all this BS about a car that could go 2.4 billion

Wasnt aware that WARP speed enters into the equation... In order to have a top speed shouldnt at least two wheels/tires be ON the tarmac ?

UFO's dunt count
 
Back