Viper SRT10

Just to forewarn you, I'm a novice at tuning, so if these settings are horribly skewed...you know why.

Anyway, I find that these settings work very well (for me) on city courses, such as Seattle where I tuned it. I would like someone to try these settings out and hopefully give me some feedback as to how well they work and also what could be changed to make it better.
My goal with this car was to allow it to turn in better rather than plowing nose first into every wall. From what I've read here, the SRT10 has a reputation for not being able to corner well. I made an attempt to improve the cornering ability......

Constructive criticism is welcomed, things like "Ur c4r iz t3h sux0r, l0s3R!" isn't.

Modifications
Exhaust: Racing
Racing Chip: Sports
NA Tuning: Stage 3
Tire Type: Racing
Front: Medium
Rear: Medium
Nitrous: Equip
Turbine Kit: None
Intercooler: None
Supercharger: None
Brakes: Racing
Suspension: Racing
Transmission: Full Customize
Clutch: Triple Plate
Flywheel: Racing
Carbon Driveshaft: Equip
Limited Slip: Full Customize
AYC Controller: None
Variable Center Differental: Standard

Miscellaneous: Port & Polish, Engine Balancing, Stage 2 Lightening, Increase Rigidity,

Settings

Brake Balance
Front: 6
Rear: 4

Suspension

Spring Rate:
Front: 6.2
Rear: 8.2

Ride Height:
Front & Rear: 106

Shock Bound:
Front: 4
Rear: 6

Shock Rebound:
Front: 6
Rear: 8

Camber Angle:
Front: 3.7
Rear: 0.8

Toe Angle:
Front: -2
Rear: 1

Stabilizers:
Front: 4
Rear: 7

Transmission

Auto Set: 15
Final Drive: 3.090

Driving Aids

ASM Oversteer: 4
ASM Understeer: 4
TCS: 5

Downforce

Front & Rear: 30

Limited Slip

Initial Torque: 7
Limited-Slip Accel: 36
Limited-Slip Decel: 24

What's with the driving aids? I feel like i'm cheating if I use them. I really love the SRT-10... I spent a butt load of money on it... now I can't race the damn thing cause it's insane. I have to stick to my b-spec driver to make it around the track.... I should try your setup tomorrow.Hope some other people have luck with this car.

Twenty_Se7en
What's with the driving aids? I feel like i'm cheating if I use them. I really love the SRT-10... I spent a butt load of money on it... now I can't race the damn thing cause it's insane. I have to stick to my b-spec driver to make it around the track.... I should try your setup tomorrow.Hope some other people have luck with this car.

The driving aids are there because of the asinine amount of power I put on the car and my bad habit of braking later than I should. :embarrassed:
With a lower horsepower rating, I'm sure you could lower or eliminate them entirely. I've found that the TCS may be too low - considering the (roughly) 1000HP rating on this car.

Overall, the driving aids are a personal choice, and these settings are by no means definitive. If someone wishes to not use the driving aids, then I'm sure that some of the settings, like spring rate, will have to be changed accordingly.

I spent a few hours tuning my Viper and came up with these. I'll give yours a shot sometime over the weekend , but I'd like some feedback on my settings .. It seems to treat me very well as long as I keep it on the road and keep my braking to as straight lines as possible.

I have all the upgrades .. except Nitro.
Medium Racing Tires front and back

Brakes 4/4
Suspension:
Springs 14.0/14.0
Ride Height 120/120
Shocks Bound 8/8
Shocks Rebound 8/8
Camber 2.0/1.0
Toe 0/0
Stabilizers 6/6

Transmission: Auto 18, Final 3.5

ASM both 0,
TCS at 3

Downforce both 30
Limited Slip: 7 initial, 55 accel, 10 decel
Ballast Weight 70, balance 0

Give them a try and let me know what you think. I'm still in the middle of a series so I haven't gotten to try them on too many courses yet, but this feels very good on the courses I have raced on. It's not perfect, and I think there is still room for improvement with them, so tell me if you find some way to make them even better!

Take my feedback as grains of salt, (I'm too busy to test settings, therefore I have nothing to compare these too) but I must say, I've applied your settings, and my maxed-out viper went from suck to great. As I read before, I'm in agreement that fully upgraded, this viper is too powerful for its own good. I've used your settings, iron weasel and now I can dominate races where before I marginally won due to sloppy handling and what not. Anyways, just want to thank you for your efforts as they are paying off for myself! :)

Iron weasel I try these out soon as I buy another viper :) I like how neat you posted your settings, I think this should be how EVERYONE posts it , because usually they are so messy!

Latest Posts

Back