Virtual GT Academy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nsane1
  • 12 comments
  • 1,408 views

Read post and vote whether you think it's a good idea or a bad one


  • Total voters
    39
Messages
68
Messages
Nsane1
I'm actually hoping this is how the GT "Experience" of GT5 starts out. It would be nice to start off in a fast loaner car time trialing one track to beat a certain fixed "gold" trophy time and then start a virtual GT Academy (only driving portions of course)as the International C licensing tests. Then you would be off to the Sunday Cup, Clubman Cup and other low level races being in a stock loaner car until you reach the GT4 European Circuit Championship and the Dubai 24hrs being the last races in of course the same Sony/Polyphony Digital 370Z that they run before you obtain your International C license. I would like it if they actually spaced out all the endurance races in this one instead of bunching them all together for the end of the game. Then of course move on to the main game where you purchase your own car and start the International B licensing tests.

So, what do you think? Good idea or Bad idea?
 
I like the idea, more stuff to do in the game, better for everyone to find something and enjoy.
 
...You mean something along the lines of a linear career mode? With a set order for the races, a set calendar?

I think its a good idea, it could be an alternative to those who don't like the grind of GTmode.

Maybe it could incorporate online elements?
 
Sounds good, although if this was not Kaz original GT5 plan. I guess we'll have a 2011 release just to make the changes. :scared:
 
Sounds good, although if this was not Kaz original GT5 plan. I guess we'll have a 2011 release just to make the changes. :scared:

Or DLC.

Or wait for GT6.

Or just set up an unofficial online series on these forums to make this happen 💡
 
...You mean something along the lines of a linear career mode? With a set order for the races, a set calendar?

I think its a good idea, it could be an alternative to those who don't like the grind of GTmode.

Maybe it could incorporate online elements?

No, only linear through the first 5% or so, Just until you achieve your international C license. Then you get to go do whatever you would like. I just think that the GT Academy would be nice to experience even if in a virtual setting. And I think that having a small linear opening into the world of GT5's GT Mode would give it a more personal feel.
 
I swayed between "good idea" and "don't care", and in the end I voted for "don't care". Not that I think it's a bad idea, not at all, but the game does have licenses anyway, just not structured in a manner as described here.
 
That's very similar to my concept of a Career Mode. And yes, I want it very much. However, I think something that structured is why I suggest it be made a separate mode alongside Arcade and GT Mode, where you can just grab a car and go, though to a lesser extent in GT Mode.

That way, if you want to follow a career like Lucas Ordones, you can, and then if you want to hop off the endless ladder and race any old class or manufacturer's cup race, you can. I also want a fourth mode, a Season Mode, based around single class racing like WRC, ALMS, DTM, NASCAR etc.

It's been suggested by several people that this would work well online too, though that might be kind of frustrating if you end up racing against the best people in the world all the time. But as an option to race against real humans, would be cool.
 
Among with the new and improved online mode, there might be coming a way to organize championships and racing leagues and many things, so PD will be able to make a virtual GT Academy as you're proposing, without touching the game code. So it might be a good idea, however, PD is too perfectionist and turned to details that any event which can possibly keep them busy and steal them some time makes me wonder how long GT6 will take to come out. So I don't care, I just want GT5 now.

Let the GT sites and forums organize their own championships, WRS will have a totally new dynamic after GT5. 👍
 
Although GT Academy is a nice way to earn a real life driver seat, to implement it virtually in exactly the same way is a bit limiting as the whole point of a virtual experience is doing the things you're not able to do IRL.
I like GT-mode as it is now, giving you the freedom to choose your own path but a virtual championship would be nice in a different online form perhaps.
 
I like the GT formula just the way it is thanks very much, i dont want to be told i have to do this race or that race in this particular car even if it is only for a certain amount of time, i want to decide for myself the way i always have with previous GTs.

Theres nothing wrong with the current formula so please PD dont go changin things for the worse.
 
I like the GT formula just the way it is thanks very much, i dont want to be told i have to do this race or that race in this particular car even if it is only for a certain amount of time, i want to decide for myself the way i always have with previous GTs.

Theres nothing wrong with the current formula so please PD dont go changin things for the worse.

Dude, chill, this is just a thought, don't stroke out on us. I don't work for PD and have no pull with Kaz. ;) This is just a pipe dream of mine. LOL
 
i like the idea of a "professional" or "Carreer" mode like that. You can choose different types of races and such, but must go through a certain evolution.
 
Back