Vision Gran Turismo World ChampionshipOpen 

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
This is an idea for a championship that uses the VGT cars, a bunch of cars I don't believe are used enough. Basically, teams would use one type of VGT and would try to beat the others, like a normal race. The cars would be set into 4 categories:
- VGT1 includes the Tomahawk GTSR and X, with the 2X. The Tomahawk X and possibly GTSR as well (I haven't driven it) will be detuned to make it on the level of the 2X.
- VGT2 will use the LM55 and cars on its level.
- VGT3 will be cars like the FT1 and BMW, as well as the Viziv and LF-LC. VGT3 will also include the Mini and VW VGTs from the old VGTN class as (I think) they have similar performance levels and having them in a separate class was silly. (If they turn out to be significantly slower, the VGTN class will be reintroduced)

The tracks will vary depending on the class: VGT3 and VGTN (if used) will have shorter, more technical tracks, and VGT1 and 2 will have longer tracks to stretch their legs. However, all classes will race on the following tracks:
- Mid-Field Raceway
- Grand Valley Speedway
- Apricot Hill Raceway
- Trial Mountain
- Laguna Seca Raceway
In the championship, there will be five other tracks. Which they are depends on the class. All championships last ten races, each ten minutes long (this may be extended to 15 if it is decided that 10 is too short).

If you want to get involved just reply here with what car you'll use. I may need someone to drive the pace car, which will be the R34, as it is a Gran Turismo original car, like the VGTs.

Rules: be sportsmanlike.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. I'm also not that good of a driver so I would probably prefer the VGT3 with the FT1 and BMW and i really like the Subaru.

I'd say it all depends on the class. Like the Mazda LM55 really needs room to run but cars like the FT1, BMW and Subaru could run on normal tracks.

I had an idea for a Gran Turismo 6 farewell championship. I think either have this as it or have another championship.

Also, some edits will be made to the car classing system.

EDIT
Can someone who owns all (or most) of the VGTs please test them against the others so I can class them?

Last edited:
I had an idea for a Gran Turismo 6 farewell championship. I think either have this as it or have another championship.

Also, some edits will be made to the car classing system.

EDIT
Can someone who owns all (or most) of the VGTs please test them against the others so I can class them?

I would help you if i could but I only own 3 VGT's

I would help you if i could but I only own 3 VGT's
Well actually now I own all of them, apart from certain variations of them. I don't have the GTI Roadster, the AMG Racing Series, the Alpine Race Mode, Tomahawk GTS-R and possibly some other variations but I can't remember them.

So this never happened. Maybe in GT Sport?

I'm on Sport all the time. I will keep a look out for you starting up one there or just send me a message on here letting me know about any event your doing.

I'm on Sport all the time. I will keep a look out for you starting up one there or just send me a message on here letting me know about any event your doing.
I think that if my new championship on GTS doesn't work, I might revive this...

Back