Voice for the pad users.

Ireland
Ireland
I've hit the limits of the pad . With the point I'm at now I can't actually get and hold those micro accelerator/steering sweet spots that you can get with ease with a wheel. I'm up in the A-S ratings now and noticed my opponents have gotten very wheely and pedaly. Even players with less skill seem to just breeze around me after offing a few times and I usually qualify 1st in 95% of the daily races. Time to invest in a wheel . I've been avoiding the nations cup solely because of the pad lol.

Has anyone had any similar experiences ? Interested to hear

As a pad user, Gran Turismo already caters way too heavy to the pad users to begin with. If you think about it there is no way a pad should be remotely competitive against a wheel and pedals. Play project cars a little and you’ll be able to appreciate more just how competitive you can be in Gran Turismo with the pad. If you want to get serious and be a top guy then yes you should get a wheel.

You know yourself how competitive things get when you reach the upper ratings and it's those small inputs of the wheel and pedals that make up the seconds that you just can not get on the controller. Your absolutely right in saying that the pad is well catered on GT however you really can tell who has what when it comes to lap times and actually watching how an opponents car sits and rises out of the corners. Flawless.

All this being said, i know some pad users who can compete with the best in the world. There are exploits to the pad as long as you approach it as a game and not a simulation. Unless there's accelerated tire wear of course. That's when the pad users get left in the dust outright.

Back