Volkswagen Blue Sport Roadster Concept: Makes the VW badge desirable

  • Thread starter Thread starter senamic
  • 4 comments
  • 1,431 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

senamic

Hello again old friends
Premium
Messages
1,058
Australia
Perth, WA
OK guys this is just a concept revealed at the Chicago motor show
From Autoweek.com
Volkswagen's new two-door roadster sports a 2.0-liter turbodiesel four mounted amidships. It puts out 180 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque and pushes just 2,600 pounds via a six-speed dual-clutch gearbox. Expect a 0-60 of 6.2 seconds and a top speed of 140, all while returning about 35 mpg on the European cycle and upwards of 62 mpg in "Eco" mode.
Not much on Autoweek, but try googling "Volkswagen Blue Sport Roadster".
Feel free to discuss. I reckon that if VW put this into production we could have a logical solution to all of the junk like the Tesla and theDodge Circuit EV Concept. :tup:to Volkswagen for this wonderful concept!
 
Never ever would have thought that to be a V.W. . very nice 👍
 
1. Volkswagen was a plenty desirable badge to have on your hood before this.

2. There's another thread on this somewhere.

3. Chicago? I was there a week ago and no Blue Sport to be seen.
 
Sorry, Detroit. My brain melted. I used the search feature and only came up with a thread saying that it was on a list of desirable cars for GT5. The Golf GTi is a good car, as is the Polo, Toureg, and Passat, but what I was more reffering to is that they have had some recent shockers, like the Eos, some cars that are just frustrating, like the New Beetle, and some that just don't need to be brought into this world, think Phateon and Jetta.
I accept that the wording that I used was slightly ambiguous as to my feelings towards the marque; I like the Volkswagen group, but they seem to give all of the good cars (R8, TT, Arnage, Octavia) to their sister companies. I KNOW that they are by tradition cars that belong to those individual makers, but take GM; the Aussie Monaro with the US engine was sold with a Vauxhall badge and that helped to give Vauxhall some Street Cred. It just seems that you remeber the drive that you had last week in that A3, but the Golf or even Golf GTi, however much you loved driving, doesn't leave you with a memory. Their marque just seems to be the Munich of Motorcars (Top Gear fans will understand that one ;)).
I was not attempting to call VW dull, or offend its fans. I just feel like it is not the most desirable company for anything but hot hatches, where the Golf GTi is lovely.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back