Volkswagen Citi Golf 1.8i R-Line 2006

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 18 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
The CiTi Golf 1.8i R-Line. VW South Africa decided that it was time to re-kinder some lost spirits. Lost Spirits in the form of the Mk1 GTI. So the CiTi Golf was given the R-Line treatment in the form of a tuned 1.8l Fuel injected engine, refreshed interior, bodykit and spoiler. Only 375 of these vehicles was ever made. The CiTi Golf remains dear to plenty of South Africans.

The 1.8l engine pushed out 91kw and 162nm, which doesn't sound like much but with a light 900kg body, this car could fly down the N1 on a starry night in style. 0-100km/h in 8.5 sec

volkswagen_citi-golf-1-8i-r-2006-09_r6.jpg

volkswagen_citi-golf-1-8i-r-2006-09_r4.jpg

This car came with the Iconic to the new-age CiTi 'VelcoCITI' wheels
The Interior is a lifted version of the Mk1 Skoda Fabia and modified to fit in the CiTi Golf. The R-Line came with aluminium trim as well as partial leather seats and red stitching around the cabin area. The inside of this car is fabulous.

volkswagen_citi-golf-1-8i-r-2006-09_r1.jpg

It's got a nice sound to it too, like an AE86 sort of. By the way, the videos are of a factory spec, I repear FACTORY SPEC R-Line.

Here's a picture of the Evolution
VW%2BCiti%2BGolf%2BMk1%2B2.jpg

So what do you say guys? Give this car some love!

I really can appreciate this Golf ... my father-in law had a Golf 1.6 Turbo Diesel until he passed away.
Great memories regarding his car which I borrowed many times.
👍

I really can appreciate this Golf ... my father-in law had a Golf 1.6 Turbo Diesel until he passed away.
Great memories regarding his car which I borrowed many times.
👍

I appreciate that you appreciate this car :) it's Starlight approved now :D:tup:

Cars that have created memories for many should deserve a chance to be in GT.

Wow. The right way to do a retro car, not like a 500 or MINI. Would happily like more than once.

I know right! This would be great for GT. Plus I know a place in Joburg that has a Dynapack so PD can record the sound. There's 5 reasons why PD should come to South Africa, and this is one of them!

I think I heard about an insane Citi Golf somewhere....oh wait here's the link:
http://www.cartorque.co.za/0118.htm
Please check this car out cuz it is hella insane!! 600KW. That's what, near as darn it 800 horses?? Hell yeah.👍👍

Ah yes I remember this car from when I moved to South Africa and what a find you have dug up! I remember that site from when we had 50k internet :lol:

There was another one that came along later, one with 2 VR6 engines which was mental! I think I should dig up my old magazines...

I'd love for the CiTi Golf to have an Appearance in GT7. It's such an Iconic motor and is dear to many people.

Damn, past 20 likes, this is great!

This will be much fun on the tracks and mountain roads in GT. Trust:cheers:

Not exactly the same car but you can see how light this car is that it can get up to speed quickly.
A modern day German Hachiroku if you please

Back