Volkswagen to form a team in F1?

• Thread starter Majarvis
  • 8 comments

Majarvis

(Banned)
DailyF1

Would be great to see Audi's back in F1. That would be some German power struggle after a few year of them being in, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, all fighting for Germany's respect, would be great. Wonder if Audi could better BMW engine wise.

I thought VW said "no" last year? Oh well...still waiting the Audi entrance...one day, I suppose.

They keep going back and fourth, but I mean they have pulled out of LeMans to "focus on other projects" so Formula One seems the next logical step.

Originally posted by advanR
i thought i read somewhere that vw was looking to buy, or partner with sauber.

I've heard and read that too, and it seems like a logical idea. Peter Sauber has been after VW to do that for years now.

Vw's LM675 car is very competitive, but if Audi got in all they would have to do is strip-down an R8R and they would easily become a top 3 team.

This is one of those subjects that comes back in a quiet spell of news. I think that VW are thinking about it, and I'm pretty much certain that Audi Sport have an engine that would be reasonably competitive. I would think that VW will stay out for another couple of years - perhaps even until 2008 when the new Concorde Agreement comes into play.

Well, given the shift to more 'endurance' styled engines, it makes sense that the VW-Audi group would be interested.

Back