Volvo’s 360c concept car is a fully autonomous bedroom on wheels

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by kikie, Sep 6, 2018.

1. kikie

kikie Premium

Read more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more.

2. kikie

kikie Premium

No-one is interested in such a car? Imagine, going on holiday by car. Get in, drive during the night and sleep while driving.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  3. 20832

20832 Premium

I'm certainly interested in such a car and autonomous cars in general. If someone can pull it off, then it's certainly Volvo - especially with Geely backing them. Curious to see how well it'll do in the first real-world tests.

4. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

It's a pipe dream and that's about it. We are a really long ways from a car like that even being legally able to operate on the roads in most countries.

Also, I have to imagine that car is gigantic based off the renderings I've seen of people in it.

5. kikie

kikie Premium

One can dream. I really like the concept.

6. crooky369

crooky369

Who would actually be able to sleep in it? I’d be way too paranoid that something was going to go wrong.

7. 05XR8

05XR8

Instant coffin. Seriously.

"When I was your age..." small cars were considered death traps. Sure, people do die in any type of vehicle. As morbid or insensitive as it seems I'm making it, that's just what it looks like.

Autonomous driving, is basically no different to anyone sleeping while someone else is driving(I'll add flying and being on a cruise ship). The passenger doesn't have control while sleeping.

8. kikie

kikie Premium

I'm not saying that I trust to sleep in such a car but I find the concept intriguing.